Chapter 39: Infiltration Part 1

I and Jack huddled behind a tree as we on looked Eclipsas fortress. She had seriously done some damage, everything around us has become a sad shade of grey. The shadow guards seemingly locked into position. Jack huddled over me as he supported his weight onto his staff. I could tell he was getting weaker. I gripped onto his hand as if to see if he was still there.

"It's going to be okay..." I spoke to him- I knew I was just trying to ease myself though. We watched the routinely patterns of the guards.

1
2
3
2
4
And repeat-

If we took down one the other would attack- leaving a new person- then another-

Didn't seem that hard
But we had to time it - we couldn't mess this up. I looked at Jack and slipped off my pendant and looped it over his head. He look at me in confusion

"It'll boost your abilities, you're weak-" I said , his reaction was less than pleased

"Oh cmon! It's not like I haven't done something like this!" He smiled as he crouched down next to me. I turned to him and stared him deep in his eyes-

"Jack, promise me you'll take this seriously- i don't want you to leave me" I spoke mournfully. He stared back at me and smiled fondly. My heart was pounding in my chest as he held the back of my neck pulling me closer. His warm lips pressed against my forehead. In that moment I missed his cold touch- his warmth was a reminder that he was fading.

"It'll be on your lips when this war is over" he whispered. I looked up at him eyes wide- a challenging smirk on his face. I smirked back and nodded as we both parted ways. Taking opposite sides of the castle.

.
.
.
.
Y/N p.o.v:

I perched down in the bushes glancing around. The plan we had devised was simple, we knew even if we got the other guardians out- all of us would be weak without the power of the children. So we decided- get our family, destroy the fire heart. Sounds destructive but one thing I remember my father saying was an object that collects the power doesn't make the power. So theoretically breaking it would give out a surge of energy to awaken the clouded hearts of the children!!

At least that's what I was hoping-
And if that worked we'd gather children to help- similar to how they defeated pitch- besides I need a child's wish to use my powers.

I glanced at the guards
4...
then
1!

When the guards left I pounced- letting my hand glow , I slashed at the shadow guard watching him disappear .

39 seconds before the next guard- I have to get going.
I ran inside looking around. Now I hope Jack got in- he needs to find the guardians. For now my task it to get the fireheart. I run for some time... this castle seems oddly familiar. Too familiar. I pause to look at a painting...
my eyes grew wide

Eclipse... but she was surrounded with flowers and life. With her stood a tall man and I recognized him.

"My brother... your grandfather"

Tsuki's voice rang in my head. And in the center of those two... was the girl in my dream. It made sense now... Eclipsa... what was her story...?.

I shook my head and began picking up the pace- I spotted a servant- he was living! Not a shadow like the rest. He was pushing a tray, shackled to the tray. He saw me and his eyes went wide as he dropped to the floor kneeling.

"I-I can't believe it!! You've come! The legends were true!" He gave a joyful smile.

"I'm sorry- I don't understand-." I raised an eyebrow as I knelt down to him. He held onto my arms

"Please not here, let me take you somewhere safe- so you can meet your loyal subjects" he said as he helped me to my feet. I stuck by him as he led me to a dungeon area. It was horrific- children and people from elderly to my age were chained to objects catering to their jobs. When they saw me they ran to their locked cells and grabbed the bars shaking them in excitement.

"Oh praise the moon!!"
"The angel has returned!!"
"The prophecy never lies!!"
"We're saved!"

I stood in disbelief.

"I'm sorry but I don't understand- I'm Y/N L/N" I introduced myself. The man who had brought me here bowed to me

"You are not our queen, she has passed a long time ago but her blood runs through your veins therefore the wish sprites now serve you"

I looked at him and it made sense.

"Wishing sprites!! This is the wishing castle!! Of course!!" I smiled brightly. The people cheered in excitement.

"There is a garden filled with flowers, they hold magical properties that can be used for magical energy. The flowers produce a small jewel that are picked by us and offered into the wishing well- the wishing well then sorts the wishes into categories sending them to the wishing ward. Then the wishing star . You in this case, will grant the children's wishes - the gems will turn into a purple hue then turn into dust. Then we fly across the night sky dusting their wishes into their dreams" he explained the process. It was beautiful.

"One day... Eclipsa returned with such intense pain and tragedy- at first we were happy to help her. But soon her grief caused her to take all the wishing gems and use them for her own personal gain" He gestured to everyone. I made my hand glow and slashed at his chains. Breaking them. I pulled a knife and formed some light on it and gave it to him so we could start freeing the people.

"May I ask what exactly happened to Eclipsa?" I asked as I slashed at the lock on the cells before walking in.

"Humans, they found her and her family believing she was a witch. They killed her husband and took her child. And hurt her in the most unimaginable way..." it clicked in my head. And pain took my heart. She was hurting... I have to try to help her.

It took some time but I freed every one of those people.

"Go to the garden and heal them- and collect gems! We'll need them for the battle. Warriors head to the armory and help. We're starting a revolution"