Chapter 31- Doing Tooth's job

With tooth gone we had some troubles, children had begun to stop believing. This could not be good. North paced around his office a steady hand stroking his beard. Jack and I knew we had to stop him from being so stressed. He was obviously scared of loosing Tooth- she meant so much to the four. I mean they've been together since the dark ages.

"North" Jacks voice stopped all movement. Jack gave a nervous look at me. I smiled softly at him. Jack cleared his voice and continued to speak.

"I know you're worried about Tooth but we gotta help the kids believe again". I nodded in agreement. North sighed and pulled his hand through his slick back hair.

"We risk too much if we leave ourselves open, if we let Tooth fade" I said walking up to him. I gently took his hand gently. Bunny waved his boomerang smirking.

"so are we gonna go get some believers or are ya slow pokes gonna keep slugging around"

We all gave each other reassuring nods. Sandy clapped his hands excitedly as we all raced out the door. We arrived to the globe and scanned the areas where lights where going out fast.

"Let's start  North then make cut at west - south- and east" Bunny made a quick plan. We all nodded. Everyone began heading for the sleigh but I gave a prompt stomp before clearing my throat causing them all to look at me.

"The quarters?" I said giving a glare
"Oh shoot-" Jack spoke aloud as his mouth fell open. I rolled my eyes as we all went to the workshop to make a few coins- some children just wanted money for Christmas. Once that was all sorted out- THEN we heading onto the sleigh. I sat next to Jack as I watched Inferno crawl in.

"So what are we doing...?" He asked. I smiled a bit
"We're gonna be the fairies!" I spoke excitedly- it was always a dream of mine to become a fairy. Ahem. Don't tell tooth.

"You've got to be kidding me " Inferno rolled his eyes. Jack smirked a bit

"what? You don't like pickin up some teeth and bringing smiles to children?" Jack nudged him with his elbow. Inferno gave a fake smile as he glared at him.

"Ha ha" he forced a smile .

We soon began to swing right into collecting the teeth. I had gone with Jack (obviously). I clung onto Jack as we flew through the town.

"How bout we relive old times?" Bunny called out as he ran across some rooftops. I and Jack smirked before nodding.

"Oh hell yea" I smirked. Jack laughed his arm around my waist grew tighter. He smiled howling at the wind.

We swung into a room and looked at the child. She looked so frail and a peaceful. I sat down on the bed and watched her. Jack snuck under her pillow and pulled out 3 teeth.

"Wo-ho! looks like this kid has a reckless side huh snow- snowflake?" He spoke with confusion as he watched me. I brushed her cheek softly with my knuckle.

"She's so precious..." I smiled warmly.
"Haha- Yea their cute lil things" he walked next to me. I looked up at him
"You're so lucky- you get to have every child in the world believe in you" I smiled. He waved a finger then tapped my nose

"Soon you'll be believed in" he smiled.
"I'm not even a spirit I'm-." A sudden voice shocked us both.
"Jack Frost"
We looked down to see a brightly smiling little girl. She stood up and began jumping up and down. Jack hissed a bit as he looked at me. Looks like we weren't that quite. I gave a soft laugh.

"Wait who're you...?" She raised an eyebrow at me. I paused. What was I?

"Uhm well - I'm a moon fairy" I explained. Her little eyes lit up.

"Woah! You're a fairy?" She asked smiling. I nodded giving a soft smile.
"Yes darling I am"
'So- why are you here?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well- I uhm- I'm here to tell you -" I was cut off by Manny's voice.

Y/N L/N you are my child
And with being my child you will be granted many powers.
But their is one power that is unique to you and I
The power of light

Without thinking I spoke
"Don't fight Tiana" i said out of no where
"Who?" Jack began but was cut off by the child.

"Wait- huh? Why not!! She's so mean to me and everyone else. I just wish she'd disappear!!"

Familiar shadows seemed to appear in the room. This is how they've been getting the children. Ive finally got a lead,
I let my fingers light up , little dots of light swarmed us Illuminating the room.

"Adriana- we have enemies but the worst thing we could do is be like them" I spoke fondly. a little dot of light landed on her chest emanating a soft glow. She paused her expression turning from rage and fear to sudden realization.

". . . I. Don't want to be a bully. . ." She said sadly. I brushed her hair gently.
"I know darling , remember to be a good girl for Santa"
I noticed golden sand creep into the room and slipped around her. She yawned and laid her head down as she swiftly went asleep. Jack clicked his tongue as he nodded over to the window. I tucked her in before getting up and following Jack. He wrapped an arm around me as she stood on with Sandy on his plane.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful- we continued collecting teeth. Somewhere along that time we had told everyone what had happened with the child and my lights
"So... do you think that'll help you with finding out your center?" Jack asked, I paused and nodded .

"Yea.."

I wish we could have said everything was fine and dandy
I wish I could say we went home and fell asleep safely for another day.

That didn't happen
A nightmare suddenly crashed into Norths sleigh sending up falling down as his reindeer flew off without us. We were falling. We all screamed holding onto one another.

- CRASH -