Chapter 4- The man in the moon talks to me

"Manny...?"

My voice was weak and desperate. I hadn't heard his voice in years. So he was real as well??.

"Wait wait - you can hear him?" Jack asked. I nodded.

"I can see him- talk to him- but I haven't even seen him for 8 years..." I said.

"Hello, Jack, enjoying being a guardian?"

Manny chuckled a bit as I noticed a smile on his cheeky face. Jack stared at the moon and smirked.

"It's fun- better than I imagined-" He smirked.
"Manny! Good to see you old friend! Care to tell us what you mean by Y/N slipping through cracks of my list??" North said as he rolled up his sleeves.

"North, friend. I cannot tell everything- but I will say. She is very special to me. So I grant you all a task. Guard her like the believing children of this world"

North gave a giant smile

"One more to be a guardian for! No problem! I can do" North said waving his hand.
"The same 're mate-" (Sorry if spelt it wrong). Bunny said standing up bravely.
"Oh! I've got to make up for lost time!!" Tooth chirped as she zoomed towards the window.
Sandy nodded furiously as he clapped his hands- Huh weird they made a soft sand noise.

"Count me in," Jack said as he crouched onto his staff.

"Wait wait - why do I need to be guarded - why am I special to you-you haven't spoken to me and years and this is what you tell me!!" I exclaimed.

"In due time my dear- you'll know everything..."

He went silent after that. I slammed my hand on the window frame.

"DAMN YOU MANNY" I cried out before sighing and sitting on the floor. I crossed my arms pouting.

"I finally see him again and all he says is I've got to be protected- couldn't you have said that like a year ago..." I sighed heavily. Sandy walked up to me and patted my head. He didn't have to say anything- I just understood him

"Yea you're right..." I said as I stood up. I heard the front door open.

"That's your cue to leave," I said as I tapped North's shoulder as I made my way to the door grabbing my tub of ice cream- which I may add. Surprisingly didn't melt-

"Oohhh who's that?" Tooth asked happily.

"Y/N!!" A familiar warm voice called out.

"Coming papa!!" I yelled back. North went to the window and jumped out. I gasped a bit before hearing soft jingles. He was on a sleigh- but a modernized sleigh. What the fuck??. Easter bunny tapped his foot and a hole appeared next to him. Tooth smiled at my reaction.

"Catch you later, sweet tooth!" She smiled before joining North. Jack smirked a playful smirk as he tapped his staff causing some wind in my face. I glared at him as he laughed.

"See you later Snowflake-" he said before flying out the window. Soon as they came- they all vanished. I scratched the back of my neck.

"Ugh - what a day" I muttered. I walked downstairs and was met with my tired papa. I walked over to him and helped take off his coat placing it gently on the coat rack. He groaned softly.

"Thank you, love," He said as he kissed my forehead. I smiled warmly.

"Papa, let's get some food in your system," I said as I walked to the kitchen. He took off his shoes before nodding. He pushed up his glasses following me. I started to take some leftovers from the kitchen and heated them up in the microwave.

"Your mother's death anniversary is approaching...." He said softly. I tensed a bit and nodded.

"Mm... I know... did you get Christmas day off?" I asked. He nodded giving me a smile as he took off his glasses.
"I'll always get the day off for my little princess," he said. I giggled and nodded happily.

"Yay! Thanks, Papa!" I said as I took the microwaved food and put it in front of him. I leaned down and kissed his cheek sweetly.

"Get some sleep papa, don't overwork yourself," I said softly as I hugged him. He chuckled.

"You're beginning to sound like your mother" he smiled. I laughed

"Someone's gotta nag you since she's gone," I said leaning on the fridge.

"It's been 5 years already... seems like yesterday she was smiling her sweet smile," he said as he began to eat.

"Yea..."

Mom was always smiling. She was the one thing that brought me hope.

"I'll see you in the morning papa, sleep well," I said as I walked out.

"Mm! Yea sleep well kiddo" he said as I walked off. I missed mama. A lot. Memories flooded my mind.

"Oh, I'm gonna get ya!" Mama screamed as she chased me, I ran throughout the freshly fallen snow. I shrieked as she scooped me up into her arms.

"Jeez! All this snow on Easter huh!? Wild!!" She screamed happily. Mamas curly dark hair bouncing as she moved. Papa walked out onto the porch, he watched lovingly at his family. Mama smiled over at him and set me down as she clumped some snow into a snowball. She threw it at his face.

"Hey!!" He yelled as he wiped the snow out of his hair. Mama smirked

"What? Can't take the cold Jefferey?" She challenged. Papa smirked back and set down his coffee. He rolled up his sleeves before jumping over the porch fence. He rolled into the snow and started scooping up snow and throwing it at us.

"OH NO!! AMBUSH!!" Mama screamed as she picked me up and ran.

"Oh, you're not running away that easily Silvia!!" He called out laughing. My little hands gripping at mamas sweater. She looked down at me with her usual daring smirk.

"Don't worry Y/N, mama's got you" she said.

Even though I didn't catch any eggs that day. Even though no Easter bunny came. I was happy, hopeful. Mama was my Hope. If only she were here now...