Chapter 10- Working for Santa?

"You want me to what???" I was at North's place with a cup of coffee.

"Come work for me and Manny! We offer money and apprenticeship!" He said smiling. It had been a few months since they had learnt about my past and ever since then they'd been glued to my hips. Tooth smiled her sweet smile.

"You could help us! We're always looking for ways to brighten up children's childhood and you seem to do just that!" She exclaimed. Jack walked over to me and leaned himself onto me. I hated it when he did that.

"Yea! Think of all the time we'd have together!!" He smirked. God I hated his smirk. I rolled my eyes

"Yea cuz you don't spend enough time with me- North I appreciate the invitation but I'm not sure I wanna waste away in a toy factory" I said standing up. He nodded and smiled

"Just promise you think about it? Okay?" He asked. I smiled softly and nodded before grabbing Jacks arm

"Cmon frostbite" I said. He laughed

"Geez, bossy much?" He teased.
"Suck an icicle, Ice boy".

Somewhere in between the few months, Jack and I developed a friendship. More like he keeps following me and I just deal with him since he's always there.

Jack took me by the waist before smiling.
"Wind! Take us home!!" He called out. The wind rushed us up into the air. This was my favorite part. I howled with the wind, I must admit. I was having fun. I glanced at Jack and watched as he laughed with his whole being. I felt my face heat up. No I can't. I looked away and just enjoyed the ride.

Once the wind let us down I smiled.

"See the wind is my favorite spirit " I giggled holding my hand out. The wind blew against my hand as I smiled. Jack rolled his eyes pouting a bit
"Cmon! What does the wind do! Look at me! Your personal body guard" he whined as he followed me inside.
"Frostbite, sweetheart, you're not much help with a snowball" I smirked as I turned around poking my finger in his chest.

Jamie ran up to my door and pounded on it. I opened it to see him in tears. Jack looked worried and swept down to him.
"Hey bud, what's up?" He said. Jamie looked at him then me.

"Cupcake- I mean Pippa! She's in the lake and she hasn't resurfaced-" he didn't need to say anything else I sprinted into the forest. She may be Keith's little sister but I love her like my own. I ran faster than I ever thought I could. I took off my shirt and pants as I ran before diving into the lake. I opened my eyes. Holy fuck- it's so dark here!. They looked like shadows. I swam, ignoring the need of air. But I had to resurface. I gasped loudly.

"Y/N!" Jamie called out holding my clothes. I smiled before looking at Jack.

"Go to North! I think somethings seriously up!"
He nodded and flew off. I dived back down and finally saw something. A soft gold glow. It was Pippa. I scooped her in my arms and pulled her up. The shadows clinged onto my limbs.

"GET OFF"

A sudden splurge of blue light flashed and the shadows disappeared. I gasped in pain before realizing. Still in water. But I wasn't swallowing water???. God forget it- I have to get get her up. I pulled her up to the surface and swam to the shore. I placed her down and tried doing CPR. Nothing. My eyes widened before lowering my head to see if she had a pulse. Nothing. I began to cry and I kept trying.

"No no no no" I cried softly. I realized finally. Children- these children. All children. Mean the world to me. Their minds, souls. Imagination, they were the magic of this shit hole. I placed my hands over her chest and tensed. Please let this work...

A softly blue glow lit up from the palms of my hands into her chest. Her eyes shot open before she gasped loudly coughing up water. I hugged her tightly as I began to cry. She cried into me as well. Soon the other kids began to cry. We were all terrified. But that's alright.

"Y/N! What problem!" North yelled jogging up to me. He stared a bit before looking away. The rest did the same. I raised an eyebrow before realizing. I was only in bra and underwear. I turned bright red and grabbed my clothes from Jamie slipping them on.

"Ahem- you can look now..."

Tooth zoomed over to me and held my face squishing it.
"No pain right? Oh you're soaking wet! Sector N-9 get a towel for these two!" The fairies chirped before flying off. Sandy flew over to me and did symbols above his head.

"What happened? Well when I dove down- their were shadows everywhere. They grabbed onto me" I said. Their eyes widened. I raised an eyebrow.

"... snowflake- they aren't supposed to be able to touch you- they can only harm spirits..." Jack frowned. Spirits? Then how did they touch me?. A surge of pain entered my chest. I fell to my knees as I screamed in pain.

"I finally found you, child of the moon"

The last thing I remember is gasping a bit as I looked up to see Manny. He looked like he was in pain. Why?.

Then I passed out.