Chapter 7 - Sleepover with my bff and some uninvited guests

(TRIGGER WARNING: MENTION OF RAPE)

Ami was ranting about Jake while she braided my hair.

"He's so cute when he wakes up! He gives the best kisses and he gives the best hugs! Oh, and he took me on a date yesterday and it was so cute how he pouted when he lost in the arcade game and he's so hot without his shirt on and -"

"Ami your drooling," I said as I adjusted my seating position.

"Am not!- when are you going to get a boyfriend Y/N!" She whined. I tensed. How could she ask me about that? I was still broken from my ex and what he did.

"Don't tell me that you still hurt over Keith! Girl that was over a year ago! He cheated on you so what!!" She laughed. Oh, that's right... I lied to her. I didn't tell her the truth of that night.

"I know..." I mumbled. She stopped braiding and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Y/N... be honest with me...did something happen last year ... at Mary's end of the year party...?" She asked. I tensed. I couldn't lie to her and nod

.

"Please tell me..." she whispered. I nodded before talking. My voice quivering as I held onto myself. Memories flooded my mind.

"Oooh, Y/N lookin good for her man" Mary chimed as she saw me in a red dress. My hair was in a ponytail and my make up fully done. I blushed softly as she spoke. I had completely fallen for Keith. He was my being and soul. I was excited to see him. When the guests began to arrive at Mary's place- I was shocked to see Keith with a girl. When he spotted me he walked over to me and planted a cold kiss onto my lips. even though he claimed to be mine. I knew he had long gone left me.

"Hey babe" he purred softly as his hands trailed to my waist. I smiled. I should break up with him today- he didn't love me. I can't waste time like this.

"Hey, Keith." I held onto his arm. I easily became silent trying to find the right time and place to tell him. To end things with him. But after a drink of water. I could barely walk. He led me to the guest room. I blanked. Hands where I didn't want hands. Forceful hushing. Body against body. Unwanted heat. I felt like I was going to burn the whole house down. The only thing I remember- the only thing he said to me was
"I'm leaving one last trail of me before I leave"

And he did. When I woke up the next day. I was naked. Alone. My makeup smeared. My hair tangled. Dress on the floor. I looked for my undergarments- I couldn't find them. I slipped on my dress and washed my face before leaving the house. There were so many people passed out on the floor. I was so scared that he was still there. It took me a month before I broke down. I wasn't eating, sleeping. I barely went to school anymore. I finally came clean to my dad. He filed a rage-filled report. No one believed me. No one believed that the sheriff's son, the pride of the town. Could rape a girl. He went free. But I never was free. The chains of him lingered. I wore more makeup to hide my shame. I wore more clothes to hide the scars he caused me to have. The whole town began to talk behind my back.

"Did you hear about Silvia's daughter?"
"Hah so full of herself! No one would even kiss that ugly face of hers!"
"What do expect from a girl with a delinquent mother!"
"Honestly if I was her, I'd flaunt the fact that I had sex with Keith!"

"She's overreacting, it's just bad sex"

Little by little word around school grew. Most believed it was a rumour but the few that knew it was true. Called me unspeakable names.

After I explained myself to Ami I broke down in tears and sobs. I apologized for lying and being fake with her. She held me close and cried with me.

"I'm so sorry Y/N !! I had no idea..." she sobbed.
I pulled back and held her face in my hands.

"No- I'm so glad you didn't know. You looked so happy and bliss after that party. I didn't want to ruin it" I smiled softly.

"But you were in pain all by yourself.."

I shook my head and kissed her forehead.

"I don't need others to bare my pain, I'm just happy to see you blossom" I smiled as I tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

"I don't need someone to fix what's been broken for a year now.." I spoke softly. She broke down crying and leaned onto my chest. I held her close and kissed her head softly.

"Oh dear, let's get those tears dried and eat chocolates," I said. She sniffles and nodded getting up to grab the chocolates. That's when I saw them. The guardians. North watched in shock- his hat falling off his head. Tooth had tears in her eyes as her hands covered her mouth. Sandy looked pale. Bunny had a rage-filled stance with sad eyes. And Jack. Oh god... he looked so broken. I didn't want them to pity me. But there they were.

"No no no..."

They weren't supposed to know.

That night
Even the moon shined less bright.