Chapter 5- No biggie, just Jack Frost following you

When I woke up in my bed I was caught off guard by a little fairy in front of my face. I raised an eyebrow-

"Who're you lil gal?" I said as I sat up and patted her head. She chirped happily and nuzzled into my neck. I didn't mind as I got up stretching. I picked up my phone and checked my messages. Nothing interesting but Mary asking for homework answers. I just replied with
"Sounds like a you issue"

I smiled a bit before walking to the bathroom and proceeded to brush my teeth. I was going to stop early but the fairy chirped and made a cut throat motion. My eyes widened before slowly continuing to brush my teeth. She was small but feisty. I liked her. I finished up and washed my face before applying some concealer and light lipstick and blush. The fairy chirped a bit in confusion.

"Makeup is a girls armour-" I said softly before I walked back into my room and looked for something to wear. Decided to wear a simple shirt and jacket paired with my favourite jeans. I added a scarf and some earrings and ta-da! I was looking fly as fuck. I tied my hair up in a ponytail and hummed softly grabbing my purse.

"Where ya going?" Jack spoke. I jumped.
"FUCK-" I screamed as I dropped my bag.

"What are you doing here!!" I whisper yelled.
"Honey bear? You alright??" I heard Papa yell.

"Yea! Just a ... just a spider!!" I yelled back. I heard a scream.
"DID YOU KILL IT??" He screamed. I sighed and picked up a sandal and smacked Jack in the face. He let out a grunt as his face came in contact with my chancla.

"YEP!" I called back.
"Oh- okay! We need more-" he began. I dropped the sandal and picked up my bag before walking out.

"Ah! I know! I'm going to go to the grocery store!" I said as I ran down the stairs. Papa had his laptop out and was working on the dining table.

"Be fast as a bunny!" he remarked. I kissed his cheek.

"I'll beat my record today-" I said smirking.
"Faster than 12 minutes? Kiddo takes me 10 to drive there!" He said laughing.

"Oh, you don't know the mighty strength of Y/N!" I laughed as I grabbed some boots and slipped them on. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Don't let the ice scare you" he called out. I smirked
"Ice? Scare me! Oh no no dear father- ice is my key to get to the store faster than before!" I said as I ran out. I could hear his laughter as I closed the door behind me. A red-cheeked Jack flew up to me as he rubbed his cheek.

"What was that for??" He asked. I rolled my eyes a bit

"Listen Frostbite, you scare the girl- ya gonna get smacked," I said walking to grab my sled. Jack smirked a bit and followed me.

"You're interesting-" He said. The fairy chirped.

"Baby tooth likes you," He said. I looked down at my shoulder.
"Well, I like her too" I giggled as I set my sled down on the sidewalk.

"Let's hope this hill has enough ice to last the trip," I said. Jack smirked as he walked up to me.

"I'll help," he said.

"Wait what-"

He froze the whole sidewalk- and I sped up. I clung onto the sled as I screamed at the top of my lungs. The children began to open up there windows and doors to watch.

"Is that Y/N??"
"Whoa! Look at Jack!"
"Dude Shes going so fast!!"
"Lucky!!"

I somehow made it to the store in one piece. I got off the sled and dizzily stood up. I leaned against the wall.

"Holy-" I checked my phone and smiled and texted my dad.

"Made it!" I texted as I sent him a selfie of me in front of the store before walking in.

"A thank you would be nice!" Jack laughed as he followed me in. I turned around and held my phone up to my ear as I spoke.

"Thank you".

I roamed the aisles with a basket. I took out a list and looked for the items. Baby tooth helped me as Jack followed close behind.

"What's cheesecake,?" He asked. I gasped softly as I stared at him in horror.

"You sad sad man" I muttered before grabbing his cold ass hand and dragging him to the sweets aisle.

"Humans come up with such unique types of deserts and foods-" he said as he looked around.
"Isn't that what makes us unique? Different cultures and different people with different tastes" I hummed as I picked up some cheesecake. I proceeded with the list until it was time to check out.

"Is that all miss?" The teenage girl asked. I nodded as I took out my wallet. I recognized her from my school.

"Whore-" she muttered. I looked up shocked- she looked away quickly. But not fast enough. I saw a glint of hatred in her eyes. I became quiet. Everyone in Burgess knew my case. And I fucking hated it.

"Your total is $44.99" I knew she was overpricing me but I didn't care I just wanted out of there. I paid quickly and grabbed my stuff before rushing out. I picked up my sled and began to walk. Jack followed after but fell silent. I knew he had questions but I couldn't bare to answer.