stress

-The one with all the stress

Work was never fun for you, but you liked paying half of the bills and helping your husband with finances even though Harry could very much pay for everything, and then more, on his own. You hated feeling useless, but you also hated your job. It was a lot of stress on you and lots of long, exhausting hours, but the money was good, really good. You didn't want to quit because you worked so hard to get to the position you were at and you wouldn't want Harry paying for everything on his own.

Today especially was a bad day. You had tripped while walking up the stairs to the floor your office was on, scraping your knee and dirtying your pants, then you spilt coffee on your blouse, and then you hit your foot on the corner of your desk. You were more than glad to be home now.

"Harry?" You call while closing the front door behind you. He pops up from behind the bathroom door with a grin on his face. "Hi." You force out a smile while slipping your ballerina flats off your feet and sitting your purse by the door. Harry walks over to you and hugs you like he does everyday.

"Hi, baby." He kisses just below your jaw and then your lips. "How was your day?" He was in nothing but black basketball shorts, his tattoos and toned body on display for you.

"It was alright.." You laid your head on his chest and hugged his body close to yours.

"Just alright?" He knew you hated your job, but you had never really said anything to him about hating it, so he left it alone. But he knew you, and he knew you hated it.

"Yeah. Did you make something or should I start some pasta?" You walk past him to the kitchen to find it cleaned up a bit. "Did Marie come by? I thought she was off today?" Marie was one of his cleaning ladies. She absolutely adored you and you, her. You two were like best friends.

"No, I cleaned up a bit." He was stood behind you now with his arms around your waist. This was your favourite Harry; touchy and feel-y Harry.

"Oh yeah?" You turned to face him, his arms still around you. "Thank you." Your nose nuzzled against his and you closed your eyes. You were absolutely exhausted.

Normally it was you or Marie cleaning up. You absolutely hated being messy, everything always had to be clean; which is why Harry was so quick to ask you to move in with him years ago, when you two were dating; He loved being clean as well. It was written in his vows at your wedding; "I vow to keep the house clean," That got a laugh out of everyone since all of your family knew how much of a clean freak you both were.

"I made some mushroom rice with broccoli and chicken. I uh, I burnt the chicken though." He murmured the last bit and you just smiled. You were beyond thankful that he even made dinner for you.

"Thank you, baby." you lean up and lightly grip his jaw with your hand, something he loved, while kissing his cheek.

He made the both of you plates and you scolded him for not eating earlier, but he explained that he wanted to wait for you to get home for him to eat.

Once you had eaten all your stomach could handle, Harry put your plates in the sink and you snuck up behind him while he was rinsing them, and wrapped your arms around his bare torso. "What's wrong, love." He shuts the water off and faces you.

"Just had a bad day, is all." You sigh, feeling your chest close up. You hated crying in front of him. It made you feel so small and helpless.