the nail tech . part one

I just posted chapter 4 to I Told the Stars About You please go check it out!

- The one where you get to do Harry Styles' nails.

"Um, hi I'm Juli-"

"Come in," The man lets you in and you frown.

"Am I at the wrong house? I was told I was doing Harry Styles' nails." You stare at the man and he laughs.

"I'm just his assistant, he's upstairs." You nod, following the man upstairs. "And call him Mr Styles." You choose to ignore his last comment.

"Uh so do you know what we're doing today? Gel or regular? I brought dip powders too so-"

"I don't know what he wants, I'm not Harry." His voice is harsh and you frown.

"Sorry."

"Leave her alone, you're being a dick and she's done nothing." You hear the accent and smile. At least he's nice. "Hi, I'm Harr- oh." He comes out of the room he was in and pauses. "You're young." He murmurs.

"Uh, I'm twenty one...." You hear a snort from behind you and then his assistant walking down the stairs. "Bitch." You mumble under your breath which earns a laugh from Harry.

"I'm Harry," He extends his hand but yours are full with your materials. "Oh, let me help you." He snickers and takes some things from you.

"I'm Julia, and thanks." He walks you across the long hallway and into an office area where he lays your materials down on the desk.

"Thank you for doing a house call, my usual nail tech went on maternity leave yesterday and my nails are looking horrible." He tells you while gesturing to the seat behind the desk. "Please, sit." You nod, sitting down and laying the rest of your materials down.

"Of course, I love doing house calls. Much more fun than sitting in the same salon all day." You get out your manicure tools and look up at him. "Would you mind washing your hands?" He nods while walking into a washroom in the hallway and washing your hands while you put your gloves on and your mask and set up your dust collector.

"Y'look like a doctor." He smirks when he comes back with freshly washed hands.

"Thanks." You snicker while he sits down and you start pushing back his cuticles. "Let me know if anything hurts or I'm being too rough, okay?"

"Don't worry about that, I can take pain." You laugh awkwardly and he snickers. "I'm joking, I'll let you know."

"Do you want to take down the length?" You ask while he stares down at his nails, shrugging.

"Do whatever you'd like, you're in control today." He murmurs which makes you smile. You love when clients say that.

"I'm glad you said that because I have some new gel polishes and brushes to use so maybe I'll do a design or something, ooh or I can-" He laughs before sitting up properly.

"You're funny."

"What? How?" You frown and he smiles. "This is gel, yeah?" He nods.

"You got all excited when I said you can do whatever you want." You finish with his cuticles and set your drill, filling away his old gel polish.

"Oh," You wipe down his nails with acetone. "Would you like gel or dip powder?"

"Mmm surprise me." He smirks.

"You might just be my favourite client, Mr Styles." I laugh while taking out my primer and dehydrator.

"You can call me Harry, y'know." You finish with your primer and dehydrator while moving onto the base coat gel. You set up your lamp and look up at him.

"Oh, your assistant said-"

"He's a dick, don't listen to him. I should fire that guy." He murmurs which makes you smile.

"Okay, Harry." He likes the way his name just rolls off your tongue. "Are you sure you're okay with me picking the design?" You ask and he nods. "Mmk." You smirk while starting on your base coat.

-

Almost two hours later and you're finally done. Harry takes his nails out of the lamp and you do a quick layer of topcoat before he puts them back in.

"Wow." He stares down at the nails and you watch him while your nerves kick in.

"Are they okay?" You ask and he nods.

"They're just....wow." He murmurs while staring down at your hard work. "You like the album then, I take?" You nod.

"Love it. I hate the music these days, y'know all the auto tune and stuff, but your music is so...I don't even know how to explain it." Your cheeks turn a rosy shade while you slip off your mask and gloves and start putting away your materials. "Would you mind if I took a picture of your nails? I won't tag you or anything I just like posting my work."

"Yeah of course. Can tag me if you'd like, I don't mind." You smile while setting up his hands to take your picture.

"I like your rings." You mention while taking a few pictures of his hands. "They suit you."

"Thank you, love." He smiles and your cheeks heat up again. "Oh hang on," He stands up and walks out of the room, coming back a few minutes later with an envelope.

"Thank you." You smile and he helps you bring your materials downstairs.

"Can I get your number? Y'know for when I need my nails done and all." He opens the door for you and helps you bring out your things to your car.

"Yeah, sure." Once everything's in the back of your car, you give him your number and he sends you a text.

"I don't have to tell you not to post my number anywhere right?" You laugh.

"Of course not, I'm not some psycho fan girl." He laughs with you and thanks you again while helping you into your car.

"Bye, Harry." You smile.

"Bye, Julia." He waves and waits for your car to leave his driveway before going back inside and sending you a text saying 'thank you again for your amazing work'. You reply with 'It was my pleasure.'

-

Part two will be up soon!