the dress

- The one where you don't like how you look

If talk of weight and body image is triggering to you please don't read this. There are plenty others of oneshots I have posted that you can check out instead!! If you do choose to continue reading, I hope you enjoy!

-

"Oh, Harry look!" You point to the small boutique window and inside was a beautiful baby pink dress with poofy, off the shoulder sleeves and it's cinched at the waist.

"Mmhm, 's pretty." Harry murmurs, smiling to himself at how excited you look over a dress. "You wan'a go in and try it on?" You nod with a small painted across your lips and he leads you into the boutique.

"Ugh, Paris has the best clothes." You murmur, finding the dress and Harry takes it down off the hanger for you.

"Would you like a fitting room?" A woman with a french accent walks up behind you and she gives the both of you a smile.

"Yes please." Your voice is soft and small which makes Harry's heart flutter. He loves hearing you talk.

"Right this way." She leads you to the fitting room area and gets you set up inside before walking out and closing the door behind her to give you your space.

Once you're undressed, you unzip the back of the dress and try pulling it up your legs but you can't get it past your thighs. You check the size and when you realize it's a size four you frown.

"Is everything alright, lovey?" Harry's voice travels through the door and you pout unintentionally while opening the door the smallest bit just so he can hear you talk.

"I need a bigger size." You murmur quietly and he nods, taking the dress from you.

"I'll go ask, okay?" You nod while closing the door and being faced with your body reflecting back on you in the mirror. Your hands squeeze the skin on your tummy and you frown for the second time today. You didn't have that when you started dating Harry. Had he noticed? Would this be the reason he wouldn't want to be with you anymore?

Your thoughts are interrupted when Harry knocks on the door. "Got a size up, baby." He says and you open the door enough for him to give you the dress but your expression catches his eyes and he frowns. "Y'alright?" You just nod and close the door, slipping the dress on.

It was still a struggle to get on, but at least it fit....sort of? You stare at yourself in the mirror and sigh. Your arms are too big to look good in this dress, and your legs are so pale you swear you blend in with the walls. You feel your throat close up while you shimmy out of the dress and place it back on the hanger while slipping your shorts and sweatshirt back on.

When the door opens, Harry's face lights up but when he realizes you don't even have the dress on, his expression falls. "What's wrong?"

"Dont like it anymore." You mumble quietly.

"Can I see you in it?" He asks but you shake your head 'no'. "Why not?"

"Just don't like it anymore, Harry." You hand the dress back to the woman and she puts it back on the rack but Harry's still upset.

"What made you not like it? You loved it when you saw it." His fingers intertwine with yours and you sigh while walking out of the store.

"My arms." You murmur quietly.

"What about your arms, love?" He asks, pulling you close and keeping his arms rested around you.

"The dress, i-it made my arms look-" You pause and try to recollect yourself, tears threatening to spill out of your eyes. "I looked horrible." Your voice is barely a whisper and Harry stops in his tracks, staring at you with a look on his face that you've never seen before.

"You are beautiful." He murmurs while he steps closer to you. He's so close that his nose is nudging against yours while he crouches down to meet your eyes. "You look amazing love, always." Tears leave your eyes but his thumbs swipe them away. He could care less of the crowd of paparazzi that has formed. "I love you, okay?" You nod while holding your breath, trying to get the tears to stop. "I love you so much....You're my forever, gorgeous." He whispers quietly, pressing a long and sweet kiss to your lips. You both hear some clicking from the cameras in the back but you both could care less. "I want you to get that dress, lovey."

"H-Harry..." You sniffle and your eyes meet his soft ones.

"I want you to get that dress, bub. I already know you look amazing in it, alright? I want you to get that dress." He takes your hand in his and you wipe your face with your sleeves while he leads you back to the boutique, shielding your face from the cameras because he knows you don't like the flash.

"I love you." You snuggle your body up to his while you both keep walking.

"I love you more." He whispers as the two of you reach the boutique and see the woman inside smiling.

"What can I get you?"

"I'd like the dress, please." You tell her and she smirks.

"Of course." She rings up the dress for you and your eyes go wide when you see the price, but Harry just hands his card over and the lady scans it.

"Harry." You whisper to him. He looks down with an amused look on his face. "That was almost three thousand dollars." You tell him and he snickers.

"My bank account will be just fine, bub." He kisses you and you shake your head while the woman hands you the bag and you thank her.

"I swear if you keep spending money on me like this you're gonna go broke." You tell him while he stands in front of you to shield you from the cameras as you walk to the car.

"Shut up." His accent makes you laugh while he leans down to kiss and bring you to his side so you're in between him and the store fronts. "I love spending money on you."