birthday

- The one where you think Harry forgets your birthday

You feel good when you wake up. It's still dark in the room due to the blinds that Harry shut last night. He went to bed late and didn't want to be woken up by the sunlight.

You roll over and kiss his cheek, his arms crossed over his chest while he lays on his back.  "H." You whisper.

"Five more minutes." He groans, turning over. He is not a morning person.

"Okay. I'll be downstairs." You whisper, climbing out of bed. You turn twenty four today and you need an outfit that screams 'I'm twenty four'.

You open the door to the closet and walk in, going over to your side. You've had this outfit picked out for a couple of weeks now, knowing Harry probably has something special planned and you want to look nice in case there are any paparazzi or fans taking pictures.

The outfit consisted of cute pink flowy-ish shorts that have a tie around them and a plain white top with one sleeve holding it up. You paired it with a pair of pastel pink converses but for now you're wearing your slippers because you're just in the house.

Once you've eaten breakfast, you head over to the bathroom and quickly brush your teeth then curl your hair in loose waves. You had taken a shower last night so you wouldn't have to this morning. You put on some light makeup quick, which consists of concealer, bronzer, a little bit of blush and mascara.

It's been almost an hour now and Harry is still sleeping. You smile thinking of all the things he probably has planned for you today. He's always good at planning birthdays. He's planned Jeff's birthday in the past and his mum's and sister's birthdays. You're excited to see what he has in store for you.

"Harry." You sit on the bed, giving him a small kiss. "Wake up." You murmur softly, rubbing his tummy in slow circles. "C'mon it's almost twelve."

"Okay I'm up." He sighs, rubbing his eyes before he looks at you. "You look pretty." He smiles making you blush.

"Thanks." You smile.

"What're you all dressed up for?" He asks, sitting up now.

"Mmm I dunno." You play along, giggling. "Is it too much or too little? I didn't know what you had planned for the day so..." You gesture down to your outfit. "This is what I came up with."

"You look great love, but haven't got much planned to be honest. Might go to the studio and record some songs, but you can come if you want-don't have to though." He yawns, laying back down. "Five more minutes?" He smiles and you nod with an expression on your face that he's never seen before but he's too tired to ask about it.

"Yeah, I'll just be downstairs whenever you wake up, I guess." You mumble, leaving the room and looking down at your phone to see a bunch of birthday messages and missed calls. You sigh to yourself and walk downstairs, sitting on the couch and finding something to watch, settling on The Vampire Diaries.

After a couple of episodes you hear Harry walking down the stairs. "Good morning, lovely." His morning voice is raspy and deeper than normal, but it doesn't take a toll on you this time. You're too upset.

"Morning." You keep your eyes on the screen and hear Harry shuffle behind you.

"What's the matter?" He asks, leaning down to kiss your head.

"Nothing." You pause your show and watch him walk to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"I'm going to the studio in about an hour," He mentions. "Do you wan'a come with?" You hear him cracking eggs and sigh to yourself. He really forgot?

"Oh, sure." All you wanted was to spend the day with him anyway, so you'll go. You get off the couch and stretch, walking back upstairs to get your converse and put them by the door so you have them ready.

Once you're upstairs you find yourself wanting to cry. Harry really forgot your birthday. You feel your chest close up but don't let any tears out. You spent way too much time on this makeup to cry it all off. You take a deep breath and make your way back downstairs and return to your spot on the couch, waiting for Harry to be ready to go.

***

You made it to the studio and Harry's wearing a black t shirt with black skinny jeans and his brown boots. He looks amazing without even trying.

"Alright, c'mon." He unbuckles your seatbelt first like he always does and then his. Once the two of you are inside, something hits your nose.

"What's that smell?" You ask as the two of you walk down the hallway and Harry takes out his keys to open the door. "Smells like piz-"

"SURPRISE!"

You jump, screaming and then bumping into Harry, who wraps his arms around you and smiles against your neck. "What i-?"

"Happy birthday, gorgeous." He whispers in your ear and your eyes fog up with tears. Your family and friends all in one room with ridiculous party hats on makes your heart swell.

"H..." You turn to face him, pressing a small kiss to his lips. "Thought you forgot." You whisper softly, Harry's thumbs wiping under your eyes to collect any tears that have fallen.

"How could I forget? Today's the day my favourite person was born." He kisses your forehead and you go to greet everyone.

"Mom!" You squeal when you see her standing next your sisters and brother. You pull her in for a hug and press your head against her shoulder. "When did you guys get here?" You ask quietly in her ear.

"Harry flew us out yesterday evening." She smiles at Harry and he gets all shy. "Staying for a week." She murmurs softly, hugging you tightly.

"Oh, God." You feel more tears coming and pull away to fan your eyes. "Harry!" You turn and he smiles.

"Happy birthday." He smiles cheekily, laughing when you go to hug your siblings. He goes to greet his friends and you go to catch up with him.

"You're sooo getting laid tonight, mate." Niall chuckles when you walk up and Harry smirks, wrapping his arm around your neck.

"My moms here!" You shush him, looking back at your mom who's having her own conversation with someone you don't even know.

Harry snuggles his head into your neck, kissing your skin and whispering, "Mmm all about you tonight, love." before kissing you again and lifting his head. You fix his messy curls and he smiles shyly. "Thank you." He snickers, and by the time you look back at Niall, he's already flirting it up with one of your sisters.

"Does he know she's gay?" You ask and Harry snickers.

"Let him have this one."

-

You guys I literally have no more ideas for oneshots so please message me or comment some ideas or requests you have!