Chapter 6

Monday morning, Amber woke up tired. She hadn't slept well the last few nights and she wasn't really feeling well this morning. She hasn't been feeling well since she had arrived in Forks. She figured it had to do with the climate change. So, she just ignored that fact she was feeling sick and got ready for school. Amber was going to be going to the hospital for a doctor's appointment today, anyway. Because of her illness, she had monthly doctor visits to make sure her cancer wasn't back. Charlie had told Amber last night that he made an appointment for her with Dr. Cullen and it was today. He had asked her if she wanted him to go with her, but she said no. She was used to the visits and Bella always went with her. Amber wasn't hungry so she took her time getting ready.

"Amber, come on." Bella called up the stairs. "We're going to be late."

"Coming." Amber said. She grabbed her bag and headed downstairs. "Ready."

"You're not going to eat breakfast?" Bella asked. "I'll eat something when we get to school." Amber said.

"Did you take your medicine?" Bella asked.

"Yes." Amber said. Bella looked at Amber, concerned. "I'm fine, Bella." Amber said. "We have to get going." Bella sighed, but grabbed the keys and headed out to the truck. When they got to the school, Amber got out of the car and headed to her first class.

"Hey Amber." Jasper greeted her.

"Hey Jasper." Amber said, sitting next to him.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm doing ok." Amber replied. "What about you?"

"Doing well." Jasper answered.

"Meet me outside the cafeteria at lunch." Amber said. "I need to talk to you about something."

"Ok." Jasper said. The teacher walked in and the class started.

"Hey, are you ok?" Jasper asked Amber, during class. "You don't look so good. You look really pale."

"Yeah. I'm feeling ok." Amber said. "I'm just a really pale person."

"Ok." Jasper said. After class ended, Amber headed to Biology.

"Hi Amber!" Eric greeted her.

"Hey." Amber said as she sat in her usual spot, next to him. She saw Bella walk in and waved to her. When the teacher walked in, he explained that they were doing blood typing. 'Great.' Amber thought to herself. She raised her hand.

"Yes, Ms. Swan?" Mr. Banner asked.

"Is it ok if I sit out of this one?" Amber asked. "I get queasy around blood."

"Do you need to go to the nurse?" Mr. Banner asked. Amber nodded.

"I can take her." Bella said.

"Ok." Mr. Banner said. "You two can go." Amber followed her sister out of the room. Instead of going to the nurse, they walked outside and sat on a bench.

"You ok?" Bella asked.

"Yeah." Amber said. "Are you? We both can't stand the sight of blood."

"Yeah. It's a good thing we got out of there before they started pricking their finger." Bella said, chuckling. Amber laughed. They sat outside until the period ended. They headed to the cafeteria for lunch. Amber went right to their table, not bothering to get lunch. She looked around for Jasper, but she didn't see him or his family yet. A few minutes later, Bella sat back down at the table.

"You really should eat something." Bella said. "You didn't have breakfast and now you're not eating lunch."

"I'm not hungry." Amber said.