Chapter 29

A couple days went by. It was Monday morning. She had been released from the hospital Friday and took it easy Saturday and Sunday. Amber was sleeping, when Bella woke her up. "Hmm." Amber said as she raised her head.

"Do you feel up to going to school today?" Bella asked.

"Yeah." Amber said, yawning and sitting up.

"Are you sure?" Bella said. "You can stay home, if you want."

"Yes." Amber said. She got out of her bed. She looked at the clock and saw what time it was. "Bella!" Amber said. "Why didn't you wake me earlier?"

"We wanted to let you sleep a little longer." Bella said.

"Well, I only have a half an hour to get ready." Amber said.

"Relax. You still have time." Bella said. She walked out of the room and Amber started to get ready. She walked over to her closet and picked out an outfit. She changed into a blue sweater and jeans. She put her wig on, grabbed her stuff, and headed downstairs.

"Morning Amber

"Morning Amber." Charlie greeted her.

"Hi Dad." Amber said.  She made herself some oatmeal and sat at the table.

"How are you this morning?" Charlie asked.

"Good." Amber said.

"You're feeling ok to go to school?" Charlie asked.

"Yes Dad." Amber said.

"Ok." Charlie said. He stood up from the table. "I'm heading to work. I'll see you girls later."

"Bye Dad." Bella and Amber said. Charlie walked out of the house. Amber continued to eat.

"Edward's here." Bella said, after a few minutes. Amber nodded as she put her dish in the sink. They both headed outside and got in Edward's car.

"Morning beautiful." Jasper greeted her.

"Hi." Amber said. Alice immediately started doing Amber's hair and makeup. When they got to the school, Amber looked out at everyone.

"Ready?" Jasper asked.

"It's not like I have a choice." Amber said. "Let's get this over with." She got out of the car with Jasper, Alice, Edward, and Bella. As they walked towards the entrance, everyone was looking at Amber. It felt it was her first day at the school, again. Only this time, they weren't looking at her because she was new. She walked into the school and made her way to her locker. Jasper walked her to her first class.

"I'll see you later." Jasper said as he kissed her on the cheek.

"Bye." Amber said before walking into the classroom.

During lunch, Amber walked with Jasper to the cafeteria. They grabbed some food and sat the table that their siblings and friends were at.  "Hey guys." She greeted them.

"Hi Amber." Angela said. "Glad to see you're feeling better."

"Thanks Angela." Amber said.

"How are you doing?" Angela asked.

"I'm doing ok." Amber said. "Thanks for asking."

"We're sorry with what we were saying about you when you weren't here." Angela said.

"It's ok." Amber said.

"How long have you been sick?" Jessica asked.

"I really don't want to talk about it." Amber said.

"Why didn't you want anyone to know?" Jessica asked.

"Jess, leave her alone." Angela said. "She said she didn't want to talk about it."

"Sorry." Jessica said. Amber ate lunch without anyone asking anymore questions.

Later that afternoon, Amber was in her bedroom with Jasper. They were working on homework together. After they finished, Amber took a nap. She woke up two hours later. "How was your nap?" Jasper asked.

"Good." Amber said.

"I'll be back later tonight." Jasper said as he got off of Amber's bed.

"Bye." Amber said. Jasper kissed Amber before heading downstairs and leaving with Edward. She heard them greet Charlie as he walked into the house. Amber headed downstairs.

"Hi Dad." She said.

"Hey Amber." Charlie said. "How was school?"

"It was the same it always is." Amber said. Charlie nodded. The three of them had dinner. Afterwards, Amber finished her homework and went to bed.