Chapter 7

Thursday afternoon, Amber was hanging out in her room. She was sitting on her bed, reading. She had missed the entire week of school. She got out of the hospital on Wednesday and Charlie told her to stay home for the rest of the week. She had been spending most of the week sleeping, despite the fact that she a lot of make up work for school. Bella has been bringing her work home with her from school, but Amber was too exhausted to do it. She admits that it wasn't smart of her to not eat anything on Monday and she was paying for it. She still hadn't been sleeping well, but it had nothing to do with being sick. Now, it had to do with the fact that couldn't sleep because she kept having dreams about Jasper. She didn't know why she was having dreams about him now when she hadn't before. She figured it had to do with him saving her on Monday. Amber smiled as she thought about Jasper. She hated to admit it, but she was starting to fall for him. The doorbell rang and she went over to the window, seeing Edward's silver Volvo. He was probably here to see Bella. They had gotten closer since Bella found our that he was a vampire and they had started dating. Although, she hadn't told Charlie yet.

"Hello Jasper." Amber heard her father say as he opened the door. She had a surprised look on her face as she went over to the stairs and quietly walked down them, enough so she could see who was at the door. She peered over the railing and saw that it was Jasper. She didn't expect it to be him.

"Hello Chief Swan." Jasper said. "Is Amber home? I was going to see if she wanted to work on the project."

"Sure." Charlie said. "Although I don't know if she'll feel up to doing school work."

"That's fine." Jasper said. "Could I come in?"

"Oh. Yeah." Charlie said. "Amber is in her room."

"Thank you, sir." Jasper said as he walked into the house. Amber hurried back into her room. She heard Charlie and Jasper walk up the steps.

"Amber, Jasper's here to see you." Charlie said as they walked into her room.

"Ok." Amber said, looking up from her book. "Thanks Dad."

"I have some work to do at the station. Are you going to be ok if I go?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Amber said. Charlie had taken off of work the last couple of days, so he could stay home with Amber and keep an eye on her.

"Ok. Call me if you need to." Charlie said. "I'll be back by dinner."

"Bye Dad." Amber said.

"Bye. You kids have fun." Charlie said before heading downstairs and going out to his cruiser. They heard him start the cruiser and drive off. Amber looked at Jasper.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey." Amber greeted back.

"How are you feeling?" Jasper asked.

"Good." Amber replied.

"That's good to hear." Jasper said.

"I want to thank you again, for saving me." Amber said.

"You're welcome." Jasper said. "It was no big deal."

"Your family is always saving me." Amber said. "First with almost getting hit by a car and then with me fainting."

"Yeah." Jasper said with a chuckle.

"So, how have you been?" Amber asked.

"I've been good." Jasper said. "Worried about you."

"I'm fine." Amber said.

"Ok." Jasper said. "Do you want to work on our project. We don't have to if you don't feel like doing it."