Chapter 28

Two days later, it was early in the morning and Amber was sleeping in her hospital bed. All of a sudden, the door burst open. "Morning Amber." Rosalie said. Amber groaned.

"Seriously Rosalie." She said.

"What?" Rosalie asked, innocently.

"I was sleeping." Amber said.

"But it's almost 9." Rosalie said.

"And I'm sick." Amber said. "I need rest."

"Sorry." Rosalie said. She sat in a chair, next to the bed.

"Why are you here?" Amber asked.

"To keep you company." Rosalie said.

"You don't have to do that." Amber said.

"I don't mind." Rosalie said. Amber sighed.

Just then, Carlisle walked into the room. "Good morning, Amber." He greeted.

"Good morning." Amber said. "I'm a little surprised that you're awake already." Carlisle said. "I figured you would still be asleep."

"I was until someone woke me up." Amber said, glaring at Rosalie.

"I said I was sorry." Rosalie said.

"How are you feeling this morning?" Carlisle asked.

"The same." Amber said. Carlisle took her temperature.

"Your fever is still the same." He said. Amber nodded.

"I'll come check on you later." Carlisle said.

"Ok." Amber said. Carlisle walked out of the room. Amber spent the morning, hanging out with Rosalie.

That afternoon, there was a knock on the door. "Come in." Amber said. She saw Seth walk in. "Seth!" Amber said.

"Hey Amber." Seth said. "How are you?"

"Ok." Amber said.

"My Mom baked you some sweets." Seth said as he set a container on the table. Amber saw different kinds of cookies and brownies.

"Tell her I said thank you." Amber said.

"I will." Seth said.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Amber asked.

"Oh. It's not important." Seth said as he glanced towards Rosalie.

"Rose, do you mind giving us a minute?" Amber asked.

"I'll let you guys talk." Rosalie said, getting up.

"And please don't eavesdrop." Amber said.

"I'll give you guys your privacy." Rosalie said before walking out of the room.

Amber looked back at Seth. "So?" She asked.

"Amber, do you know what imprinting is?" Seth asked. "It's a wolf thing."

"Jacob said something about it at one point when he telling me and Bella about what happened between Sam, Emily, and Leah." Amber said. "It's like a werewolf's version of a mate, right?"

"Yeah." Seth said. "It's something that we have no control over."

"So, why are you telling me this?" Amber asked.

Seth started to get really nervous and rubbed the back of his neck. "Amber, I imprinted you." Seth said. Amber was quiet for a moment.

"When?" Amber asked.

"The first time I saw you after I first shifted." Seth replied.

"Why did you wait so long to tell me?" Amber asked.

"I was, but then the Cullens came back and I didn't know how." Seth said.

"Seth, I'm with Jasper." Amber said.

"I know. I wish I hadn't, but as I said I have no control over it." Seth said.

"Seth, I'm always going to be with Jasper." Amber said. "That's not going to change just because you imprinted on me.

"I know. It doesn't have to be like that." Seth said. "I don't want to interfere between you and Jasper. It can be more like a friend/protector type thing."

"You're going to need to tell Jasper about this." Amber said. "And I think you should be the one to tell him."

"I will." Seth said. They were both quiet for a moment. "I'm going to go." Seth said.

"Thank you again for the cookies." Amber said.

"You're welcome." Seth said. He leaned in and kissed Amber on the forehead. "I'll see you later, Amber."

"Bye Seth." Amber said as she watched him walk out of the room.

Not long after Seth left, Jasper, Bella, Edward, and Alice came to see her. "Hello Darling." Jasper greeted her with a kiss.

"Thank god you guys are here." Amber said. "Save me from Rosalie."

"Was she driving you crazy?" Edward asked.

"She's been here since 8:30 this morning." Amber said. "She woke me up this morning."

"Which I apologized for." Rosalie said.

"We brought you something to eat from the diner." Alice said, holding up the bag. She set it on the table.

"Thanks." Amber said. She saw that they had gotten a sandwich with fries and a soda.

"How are you today?" Jasper asked.

"Better now that you're here." Amber said. She started to eat.

"Amber, just so you know for when you go back to school." Bella started. "The other kids know about you having Leukemia."

"What!" Amber said. "Bella! You know I didn't want anyone to know I was sick."

"I know. I'm sorry." Bella said. "I was getting fed up with everyone's comments about you and it just came out."

"If Bella hadn't said something, I probably would of." Jasper said.

"Amber, when you're not in school, you don't hear what say about you not being in school." Bella said.

"Or what they think." Edward said.

"We were all getting annoyed with their comments." Alice said.

"Now, I get to go back to school being known as the sick girl." Amber said.

"At least school is almost over and then you don't have to worry about it anymore." Alice said. Amber nodded. She continued to eat her food.

Later that evening, it was only Bella and Amber in the room. They were waiting for Charlie to come see Amber. "Amber, I'm really sorry about school today." Bella said.

"It's ok." Amber said. "Seth came by today."

"Did he?" Bella asked. Amber nodded.

"He told me that he imprinted on me." Amber said.

"He did?" Bella asked, shocked.

"Yeah. Although he said it could be more like a friend/protector type thing." Amber said. "He said that he didn't want to get in between me and Jasper."

"Does Jasper know?" Bella asked.

"Seth said he was going to talk to him." Amber said. Bella nodded.

Just then, Charlie came into the room. "Hi girls." He said.

"Hey Dad." Amber and Bella said.

"How are you, Amber?" Charlie asked.

"The same, but good." Amber said.

"Who brought the cookies and brownies?" Charlie asked.

"Seth did." Amber said. "Sue bakes them for me."

"That was nice of her." Charlie said. Amber nodded. The three of them ate dinner together before Charlie and Bella left.