Chapter 14

A few months went by. It was the beginning of a new school year. Over the past couple of months, both Amber and Bella have hung out a lot with the Cullens. They would hang out with Alice and Rosalie. And Bella would spend time with Edward. Amber would spend a lot of time with Jasper. They have gotten closer since Amber admitted how she felt about him. They would hang out and spend time together all the time. Jasper would even go with Amber when she doctors appointments and chemo treatments. Amber's hair had started falling out during the summer because of the chemo. She still had a little bit of hair, but not very much of it. Charlie had allowed her to get a wig so no one would know she has cancer. It was September and Amber and Bella's birthday. Amber woke up to hearing a knock on her door. She opened her eyes just as her Dad walked in.

"Happy birthday, girls." He said.

"Thanks Dad." Amber said as she sat up in bed. She saw that her father had a camera and a wrapped gift.

"I thought we said no presents." Bella said.

"Well, the one on that's not wrapped is from me." Charlie said. "The one that is is from your mother. It's a scrapbook to fill with moments from senior year."

"Thanks Dad." Bella said.

"Senior year." Charlie said. "How did you two get to be so old?"

"Eighteen's not that old." Bella said.

"I don't know." Charlie said. "Is that a grey hair?"

"No way." Bella said.

"There better not be." Amber said. "It's not like I have a ton of hair." They both looked in the mirror, but didn't see any grey hairs

"Happy birthday." Charlie said, chuckling.

"Very funny." Bella said. Charlie walked out of the room.

Amber got out of bed and started to get ready. She changed into a pink short sleeved blouse, black leggings, and brown boots. She put some makeup on to makeover look less sickly. The last thing she did was put her wig on. After she finished getting ready, Amber grabbed her bag and headed downstairs.

"So, I figured I would give you girls a break from cooking and pick up pizza on my way home from work." Charlie said.

"Ok." Amber said. A little bit later, Amber and Bella pulled into the school parking lot. As they got out, they saw their friends in the parking lot.

"Hey Bella. Today's the big day." Jessica said. "R and J essay due today."

"Oh right." Bella said.

"Can we take a picture of you guys?" Amber asked. "Our Mom want us to put a scrapbook together."

"Sure." Mike said. Bella took the camera out of her bag and took a picture of them. "Oh good." Mike said. "Cullens here." Bella and Amber turned around and saw Edward walking over towards them. The rest of them walked away.

"Happy birthday." Edward said as he approached them. He kissed Bella. "Happy birthday, Amber."

"Thanks Edward." Amber said.

"You're welcome." Edward said. He stood there for a moment, quiet.

"What is it?" Bella asked him.

"Someone's here to see you guys." Edward said.

"Bella. Amber." They heard Jacob say.

"Jacob." Bella and Amber greeted him.

"I'll see you guys in class." Edward said, walking away. Amber saw how buff Jacob was.

"Hello biceps." She said. "You know steroids are really bad for you."