Chapter 32

A week and a half later, Amber was sitting at lunch. She was picking at her lunch, not really eating it, while listening to the conversations going on. "Are you ok?" Jasper asked.

"Mmhmm." Amber said.

"You've barely touched your lunch." Jasper said. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just not feeling that well today." Amber answered.

"Do you want to go to the nurse?" Jasper asked.

"I would rather just go home." Amber replied.

"Want me to take you home?" Jasper asked. Amber nodded.

"I'll call Dad and let him know." Bella said. "And I'll tell the rest of your teachers that you went home."

"Thanks, Bella." Amber said.

"You can take my car." Edward said as he handed Jasper the keys.

"Come on. Let's get you home." Jasper said to Amber.

"Hope you feel better, Amber." Angela said.

"Thank you." Amber said, getting up from the table. She picked up her bag and followed Jasper out to the parking lot. They got in Edward's car and drove to the Swan's house.

When they got there, Jasper parked the car and they walked inside. Amber's phone started ringing. She looked at it and saw it was Charlie. "Hi Dad." Amber said, answering.

"Hey. Are you alright?" Charlie asked. "Bella called me and said you left school."

"Yeah. I wasn't really feeling well, so I decided to come home." Amber said.

"Are you ok?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah. Just tired." Amber said.

"Ok." Charlie said. "I'll be home later."

"Ok. Bye Dad." Amber said, before hanging up the phone. She walked upstairs with Jasper.

"Why don't you take a nap." Jasper said.

"That's what I was going to do." Amber said. She took her wig off, grabbed some comfortable clothes, and went into the bathroom to change. When she walked back into her room, she saw Jasper waiting. She got into her bed and Jasper pulled the covers over her.

"Night darling." Jasper said, kissing her on the forehead.

"Night." Amber said. Jasper wrapped his arms around her and Amber snuggled closer into him as she fell asleep.

Three hours later, Amber woke up. "How was your nap?" Jasper asked.

"It was good." Amber replied. "But now, I need to work on some homework."

"Would you like some company?" Jasper asked.

"Of course I would." Amber said. She grabbed her bag and took her homework out. She started working on her English homework.

"So, did you enjoy getting to see your Mom?" Jasper asked.

"I did." Amber said. "It was nice of Carlisle and Esme to get those tickets." Jasper nodded. "And I'm glad you went with me." Amber said.

"I was happy to go with you." Jasper said. Over the past weekend, Bella and Amber has used the tickets that Carlisle and Esme had given them for their birthday, to go see their mom. They continued to work on homework together.

Just then, Bella came into the room. "Hey. How are you feeling?" She asked Amber.

"A little better." Amber replied.