Chapter 38

A couple days went by. One afternoon, Amber was upstairs in one of the sitting rooms. Everyone else was downstairs, including Jasper. She heard Bella and decided to go downstairs.

"What's going on?" Amber asked as she walked downstairs. Everyone looked at her.

"Amber." Jasper said, standing up from the couch and going over to her. "Here, let me help you."

"I can manage myself." Amber said. Jasper ignored her and helped her to the couch. "What's going on?" Amber asked, again.

"Nothing." Jasper said.

"Seriously." Bella said. "You're going to keep this from her."

"Bella." Edward said.

"What?" Amber asked.

"She should know." Bella said. "This has to do with her, too."

"What am I missing?" Amber asked.

"It's nothing you have to worry about, love." Jasper said.

"Jasper." Amber said. "Please, tell me."

Jasper sighed. "The night of the graduation party, Alice had a vision of vampires passing around yours and Bella's scent." He explained.

"So, what's been going on in Seattle?" Amber asked, motioning to the tv, which had the news on.

"It looks like it could be newborns." Jasper said.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked. Everyone nodded.

"So, what do we do?" Amber said.

"You aren't going to do anything." Jasper said.

"But, this has to do with me." Amber said.

"And we will handle it." Jasper said. "You don't have to worry about anything."

"So, what is the plan?" Amber asked. "Are they coming to Forks?"

"We're not sure." Jasper said.

"I can't really see." Alice said.

"Whoever is behind this could be playing with the blind spots in your vision." Carlisle said.

"What if they do come here?" Amber asked.

"Us and the wolves will be doing some fighting training." Jasper said.

"The wolves are part of this too?" Amber asked. Her thoughts immediately going to Seth.

"Seth will be fine, Amber." Edward said. "I'm pretty sure Sam isn't going to have him fight." Amber nodded.

"Jasper has a lot of experience with newborns, so he's going to help us." Alice said.

"Maybe, I should stay here." Jasper said.

"You have to go." Amber said.

"I'm not going to leave you here alone." Jasper said.

"I'll be fine." Amber said. "They need you."

"I'll worry about it later." Jasper said. Amber nodded.

A little bit later, Amber and Jasper were in Jasper's room. They were laying in the bed that Jasper got her. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Amber asked.

"You're already dealing with so much." Jasper said. "I didn't want to add onto that."

"You don't have to worry about me all the time." Amber said.

"I will always worry about you." Jasper said.

"So, when are you guys training?" Amber asked.

"Tonight." Jasper said.

"Is Bella going?" Amber asked.

"Yeah." Jasper said "Rosalie is going to stay here with you." Amber was going to say something, but Jasper stopped her. "Don't." He said. "It's not up for discussion." Amber sighed. "Get some sleep." Jasper said. "I'll be back before you wake up."

"Ok." Amber said.

Jasper kissed her on the forehead before walking out of the room. Amber rolled over and fell asleep.