stranded but reunited(Keith Powers)

Keith Powers

Keith's parents dropped him off to the island Unguja and left him with a phone and $50 dollars. "Type of shit is this?" He mumbled. "It's for your own good, son." Keith ignores his father and looks to his mother. "Im afraid he's right, Keith." "Not a surprise that you agree with him over your own son."

His mother couldn't even get the words out. "You'll have your cousin Algee. He'll be there for you." "We haven't talked for 3 years." "Time to start now." His mother slapping the elder male on the shoulder.

Keith grabbed his two bags and walked off to the man holding his sign. "We love you." They yelled as the small car drives down the road. Keith fakes a smile and waves. "Love you too. " he mumbled, sighing as he looked out of the window.

...

The driver repeatedly tapped Keith onto the shoulder. "Sir, we have arrived." Keith stretches his arms and looks out of the front window. "Are you kidding me?" He scoffed as he got out of the car.

 "Are you kidding me?" He scoffed as he got out of the car

"Enjoy your stay, Mr. Powers. " "Hey ,wait!" The man had already sped away. "SHIT!" He curses, picking up his bags and walking through the cold water. "Crazy was people...I just want to go home."

He hissed at the feeling of the cold water as it slowly rose to his thighs. He ran up the stairs and turned the knob. His bed was by a window and the fridge and table were on the far left. "It's not so bad, I guess."

Just as he dropped his bags, there was a knock on the door. When he opens it, there's nobody there. He then finds a flier on his door.

'Come and see our famous Kamadía for a Unguja welcome! See you when the sky turns pink :)'

'Kamadía? That sounds familiar...' he thought. He had a friend with a similar name but she had left unexpectedly, which left him unstable. He was going to ceremony.

...

Keith found a decent looking shirt and some shorts before walking out of the house in a hurry

Keith found a decent looking shirt and some shorts before walking out of the house in a hurry. After he made it to the now cool sand, he found small little flower petals in a path that he, of course, chose to follow.

He found a round hut filled with people of all shapes and sizes. For once, it felt nice for him to be in a society where people were comfortable in their own skin.

"Drink?" He looked to the side and found a man who was slightly chubby. He takes the glass and was about to give him money. "No no no, this one's on the house. Enjoy the show."

Keith shook the man's hand and turned towards the green forest leading to God knows where.  All of a sudden,drums began to play in am upbeat rhythm. It made Keith very anxious.

A woman in a red ensemble and short curly afro emerges from the trees and Keith nearly drops his drink then and there.

Kamadía does a simple pose but it has the crowd of lustful men swooning. "It's her." Keith spoke softly.  She hears a voice over the loud drums and looks up."Keith..."

Though she wanted to smile,she couldn't. She proceeds to welcome the visitors ,moving her body slowly but effectively. Soon enough she makes her way to Keith and grabs his hand.

He gives her a look of uncertainty but is pulled in, literally. Keith looks over at the now jealous perverts as he followed her every move. They dance a little, the crowd impressed by the scandalous move .

Kamadía soon pulls him deep into the forest ,earning claps from the audience. "What the hell was that--" he was interrupted by a strong hug, causing them to fall.

"I missed you so much." She cried against his shoulder. Keith pushed her off instantly.  "Then why did you leave me? I thought you were happy in Miami."

"I was..." She stops, turning away as she wiping the dirt off of her red skirt. "I needed to be here. This is my home, Powers." He rolls his eyes and walked in front of him.

"Why didn't you --" "I knew you would find me if I did. I'm not going to mess up your future, Powers. I'd feel horrible and you know that." He understood her completely.

"After all this time of us being apart.... you still can't call me by my first name." "You had Ryan to scream that for you. " she mumbled. "What?" Keith had heard her words.

"Nothing." "Now that I think about it, you never really liked Ryan. Why is that?" "I never liked your choice in appetizers." Keith let out a chuckle. "She was a queen." Kamadía them let out a harsh breath. "Must have been since you always left me for her."

Keith then connected the dots. He did call off a get together whenever Ryan called and the animosity towards Ryan was always there. " She was my girlfriend... but I should've made time for you and I'm sorry for that."

Kamadía shrugs as she walked deeper into the woods. "What does that even mean?" "If you're trying to use me as a toy, I'm not falling for it." "Girl come here." He commanded.

She kept on walking. "You heard me call you. Come here, baby." Kamadía held her own and kept walking, trying not to fall for his charm. He sucked his teeth and she heard his footsteps grow near.

" You should've listened." She was pulled into his space and began to attack her neck with tongue kisses.

"I'm..."She moans at the feeling of his lips. "...not another one of your games, Keith." "I never considered you a game. Not on the day we first made love and damn sure not now."

They locked eyes with each other and Keith gently held the back of her head as they locked lips.