savior (Seokjin)

"Jin?" he squints, the light burning his eyes

"Jin?" he squints, the light burning his eyes. "Can you hear me?" his eyes slowly but surely opened, adjusting to their surroundings.

"What happened?" he was in a hospital bed. "Why am I here?" "You passed out." she sounded hesitant to finish. He looked down and noticed that she was holding his hand.

"Who are you?" she gasped, heart shattering at those three words. "You don't.... You don't remember me?" Jin instantly felt guilty. "I'm sorry. I can't remember."

"What happened to me?" he questioned again. "You were jumped." she confessed. "Those idiotic assholes beat you pretty bad. You were barely awake when I found you."

"What's your name?" he questioned. "...." she doesn't respond to his question. "I'm going to get the doctor." "hey-" she left before he could say anymore.

The doctor finally comes in. "Where's the lady that came to get you?" Jin asked. "She went to the restroom. You would've been worse has she not found you when she did." Looking at her clipboard, the doctor explained that he suffered a twisted ankle, some minor cuts and bruises.

The mystery woman finally returned, eyes red as if she'd been crying.

" Is he gonna be okay? " she asked the doctor, earning a nod.

That's she needed to hear.

...

6 months had passed and Jin was back to normal. The bruises faded, his cuts eventually healed up, and the cast around his ankle is about to be removed.

"You sure you got it?" "Yeah, I got it. Don't worry." She gives a small smile as he sat onto the hospital. Sitting on the chair, she pulled out her cell phone as they waited for his doctor.

Jin still doesn't have much memory of who Y/n is. This fact alone breaks her heart. "Ah, Seokjin Kim." Putting her phone away, she smiled and shakes the doctors hand after Jin does.

"Miss Y/n." the doctor pulls her outside. "Is his memories.." the doctor was hesitant, it was obvious as Y/n looked at her facial expression. "I'm afraid not. To him, I'm just a close friend." "Did you tell him?" Y/n shakes her head no.

"I'm telling him before he leaves tonight." The doctor places her hand onto the sad woman's shoulder. She didn't know what else to say.

...

"Here's your bags." she sighs, trying to hide her pain watching him go. "I know you're going to be successful. I just know it." Jin nodded, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

"I promise I won't forget about you. You've done a lot for me these past few months and I'm forever grateful." Seokjin comments.

As his flight was called, she opens his hand and gives him a trinket. "Wear this so I know you haven't forgot about me. I love you." she presses her lips against his cheek before backing away.

Jin gives his ticket and walks onto the plane. Finding his seat and sitting down, he opens his hand.

It was a yellow bandana.

Suddenly, it was all clear to him. The memories began flooding back. From the first day they met, to the first date, to the first night they made love, finally to the day she wrapped the bandana around his head.

When he realized it, his plane was already en route to his destination.

And he didn't even get the chance to say

"Thank you and I'm sorry."