21: Games

*THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A FAIRLY LONG AND GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE*

  You and Levi had walked back to Headquarters together. Levi didn't seem all that tired. You on the other hand were beyond exhausted. At any moment it felt like you would collapse. Levi easily noticed the state you were in and took it upon himself to assist you. Soon enough, you were hoisted up over Levi's shoulder without warning.
  "You know, for a short guy, you're pretty buff." You joked. Levi shook his head amusingly. Though the top half of your body was dangling over Levi's backside, you were fairly confident that Levi was grinning at the comment you made.
  "It's not that at all. You just have no muscle or body mass to show off." Levi's comeback sent you railing into uncontrollable laughter. It was unexpected; but he was right, however.
  "That will change." You responded quickly. Levi stopped suddenly startling you. You tilted your head to look at him; concerned at what was wrong. Eventually, you noticed movement coming towards the both of you. You lifted your head up to see clearly.
  "We have orders from Zackley to take the girl with us." You heard an unfamiliar voice speak hoarsely. His tone was ghastly and rude. You struggled out of Levi's grasp of you in order to face the men who spoke of you so lowly. Levi helped you down, but he was tentative about the action you had made. He stood in front of you protectively. You maneuvered around him and faced the four men in front of you without fear or hesitation.
  "You expect me to believe that horse shit? We're still in the middle of getting the case cleared and I still haven't heard a damn thing about my friend being released." You glared at each of them as you exclaimed. One of the four men was taken aback by your expressions and tone of voice. It didn't stop him from using his authority to be used against both you and Levi.
  "It doesn't matter what the reasoning is, it's an order." One of the four men stated, sternly. Levi was visibly hesitant to give you up to the Military Police at the drop of the hat. His hand snaked around his backside to grab onto you if you needed it. You refused to take his hand, knowing that you could take care of yourself. Levi opened his mouth to speak as he dropped his arm to his side once he realized you weren't going to take it. Was he testing something? You thought.
  "We don't answer to the likes of you. Unless you have notarized and signed paperwork from Zackley himself, you're not getting what you want, because I frankly don't believe you." Levi proclaimed angrily, clearly not willing to give up without a fight. He glared at the men as they became more impatient with the both of you.
  "Besides, even if you did have the paperwork, do you really think I would let any of you take any of my soldiers without me by their side?" Levi added. You looked over at him. His eyes were intense; terrifying almost. One of the men scoffed at Levi, leaving you to scowl at him.
  "Are you as inappropriate with the rest of your soldiers as you are with Y/N?" One of the men snapped. Levi chuckled lowly, entertained with the thought that anyone would be so ignorant to think such a thing.
  "Are you really so pathetic and childish over not getting what you want that you shamelessly make accusations about someone you don't even know?" You snapped back, becoming highly aggravated at their annoying comments.
  "Enough!" One of the men shouted to his own comrades.
  "We do have direct orders from Zackley and the paperwork to prove it." The man extended his arm out toward Levi and yourself. He held a minor stack of paperwork in his hands, allowing either of you to take it. Levi snatched the paperwork out of the mans' hand and looked it over. You walked closer to Levi, peering over his shoulder to view the paperwork as well. You couldn't believe it. It was true.
  "What's the purpose of this? She's done nothing wrong." Levi objected, still in disbelief. You took the paperwork from Levi, skimming over the words. No way! You had thought.
  "That doesn't matter. What does matter is what we were told to do." Levi opened his mouth to speak but you stopped him. You stood in front of him with your right arm extended across his torso, indicating that you would take care of the situation. Though, in the back of your mind, you knew that Levi wouldn't accept what you were about to say.
  "Fair enough. I'll go with you." You stated calmly. Levi was appalled at your response. He was in utter shock that you would ever say such words. You turned your head to look at Levi, hoping he would understand what you were doing.
  "What else are we supposed to do? The more we struggle, the worse this situation becomes. I may never get to see Marcus again." You veered at Levi, praying he would catch on. Levi stepped back a tad, indicating that he was on your side.
  "Glad to see one of you has your head screwed on tight." One of the men stated, snickering a little.
  "If being cautious and untrustworthy to the people who abuse their power and lie through their teeth every chance they get means our heads are unscrewed, than expect mine to fall off at any second, princess." You glared menacingly at the four men. The clear leader of the group chuckled slightly. His voice was deep and guttural.
  "Let the Commander and everyone else know what's happening. Have Erwin contact Zackley immediately. If anything seems fishy, act on it." You stated as an order. Levi wouldn't budge. You shifted your body in order to face him.
  "I can handle myself, so hurry." You continued, your voice was challenging. Levi was hesitant, but did as you asked. You turned to face the four men again after Levi had set off on his own.
  "Well, shall we get this shit show over with, or are we just gonna stand around in the dark?" The leader of the four men let out a snort. Alongside headquarters, there were two horses attached to a pull along wagon for you all to ride in. Your chest began to cave in and your heart started to pound in your ears. You couldn't move, nor breathe.
  "Good evening, Y/N." You stared at the man waiting for all of you in the wagon. Your body was frozen in place. Move, damnit! You yelled at yourself internally.
  "Xavier." You growled, ready to run in the opposite direction of where you were being lead. You knew the Military Police were good for nothing assholes, but you never would've imagined them to do something such as that. You began to run, bolting and sprinting away.
  "Get her." You heard one of the Military Police soldiers say in a calm, husky voice. He seemed unfazed; as if you couldn't outrun them or defend yourself. You were keeping a good distance from them, however. You had made it back to the spot where the entire conversation began. You and Levi were having such a great time up until those men ruined everything. You stopped to catch a breath and in order to look around. There was no one. It had been at least eight minutes since Levi walked off on his own.
  "It will only make things worse if you fight this, Y/N. You said so yourself." One of the three men shouted at you. They were still coming at you full speed, ready to tackle you to the ground.
  "Go fuck yourselves!" You shouted back. You began to run toward the same direction Levi had gone in. Endurance running was something you trained extremely hard for, but could never figure out the purpose in. It became clear now. You had been the only person aside from Eren that had to partake in that exercise. Why now? Why do I have to fucking jinx myself?
  Two of the men caught up to you and tackled you to the ground like a common criminal. They gave no mercy and it was very likely they weren't planning on holding back in the future. You dug your nails into the dirt, desperately trying to get away. You clawed down fiercely, pulling your body away and turning on your back once you got a good grip. You kicked both of the men in the face with full force. Blood dripped from their nose and mouth. One of them spat out a tooth while they glared at you, unwilling to stop.
  You crawled away, and soon enough you were back on your feet, running toward any sane person you could find. The men were catching up fast. Though, you would die before you went back down to that place. You saw Levi heading inside the entrance to the headquarters. You attempted to call out but you were brought down to the ground again by force. Your chin hit the dirt, making your teeth chomp down on your tongue. Your knees were bloody and your chest felt like it was going burst from your chest. You had to get Levi's attention, and fast.
  Levi had already gone inside, but you dragged yourself away again in order to scream as loud as you possibly could. You needed back-up. It wasn't a scenario that you could possibly handle on your own. One of the men crawled on top of you and covered your mouth so that you couldn't speak. He had assumed what you were planning the moment you picked your head up from the dirt riddled grass. You were desperate and he could tell as he mockingly laughed above you.
  "Don't even think about it, bitch." The man said in a low, exhausting growl. You struggled with everything you had. You wriggled your face around in his palm and bit down on his hand; hard. He yelled, pulling his hand away from your mouth. He was so taken aback that he didn't try to stop you from crawling away. The other two men caught up.
  "Levi! Help me!" You screamed, tears welling up in your eyes as the other two men grabbed you from under your arms and forcefully dragged you away.
  "Levi!" You screamed louder.
  "Levi, please help me!" You continued. The man on your right punched you on the side of the mouth. You coughed up blood and your vision became blurred suddenly. Your body was now weak and limp. The man you bit got up on his own and spat in your face. There's no way Levi heard me. You thought, completely giving up.
  "Y/N!" You heard a familiar voice. Your body wasn't strong enough to respond at that point. You knew you had to stay conscious in the moment.
  "Levi." You said in a mouse-like, defeated voice. The two men tossed you in the dirt and turned to face Levi. He had both of his swords in hand, ready to kill.
  "I knew I should've fought this whole thing tooth and nail." Levi muttered, looking at the men with an intense scowl. They snickered at each other.
  "Well, you have the opportunity now, don't you? Why not try and save your damsel in distress while you still have your legs?" One of the men threatened through a smirk. There was a large rock to your right that you glanced at briefly. You picked it up without a second thought and groggily stood up on your own. Levi watched you but didn't say a word. You gripped the rock and smacked it over one of the mens' head. He had fallen to the ground as you still gripped the rock in your palm. It was inked with blood and you weren't planning on stopping there.
  "It's damsel in defense, you fucking cocksuckers." You stated, your speech almost sounding slurred. Your body was swaying, unable to get a grip on yourself. The two men tended to the third that you had just hit over the head. They looked up at you, angered. They both stood up in unison.
  "Oh, did I kill your friend there?" You snorted, waving your arms back and forth lightly.
  "I'm sorry." You laughed loudly. Your personality had shifted suddenly. Your tone and demeanor reminded Levi of the way you acted during the time you had been captured by him. The sight of you broke his heart. The two men began to walk toward you as you wielded the rock, ready to strike. Levi paced toward you in order to help.
  "Stop." A man shouted from off in the distance. You were frozen in place again. Levi was wary, immediately noticing another shift in you. It was Xavier.
  "That's enough." Xavier continued. You heard his footsteps getting closer to you as your back was turned to him. You squeezed your eyes shut, wanting to wake up from your nightmare. You couldn't believe that it was going to happen again after all the time that had passed.
  "How hard is it to capture one woman? She even killed one of your own while she's barely able to stand. Yet, you're still struggling?" Xavier placed his hand on your shoulder. You felt the overwhelming urge to smack his vile hand off of you, but your body wouldn't allow you to move in any way. Levi grabbed one of the men by the back of his head and placed his sword against his neck as he walked backwards a little in order to gain some distance.
  "Oh? A friend?" Xavier gripped your shoulder as he asked this. You flinched, instinctively.
  "Let her go or I kill you all." Levi growled, pressing his sword against the man's neck, causing blood to seep out of the wound. He winced against Levi's grasp, but was carefully still.
  "It wouldn't make much of a difference. She's not going to stay with you anymore. After all, this was all apart of her mission." Xavier stated with a challenging smile. You widened your eyes, looking up at the man.
  "Don't act so innocent about all of this, Y/N. It was your plan after all." Xavier added. You admitted that Xavier was always great at telling a lie, but you refused to let him get away with it. Your eyes met with Levi's. There's no way he would believe this. You had thought, desperately hoping he would see that Xavier was lying.
  "Even if she's had a good taste of what your life is, don't you think she belongs down there with us?" Xavier stated, trying to mess with Levi's head. You knew what Xavier was capable of mentally and physically. Levi didn't. Levi knew nothing of the kind of human being Xavier was. You just hoped Levi believed in you enough not to listen.
  "You've been down there before, so you know what it's like. She's been down there for so long that it's cemented into her brain. It's all she knows. But who could blame her? She has a knack for lying after all." You grunted as Xavier grabbed your shoulder even tighter. You stared down Levi with desperate eyes. Why wasn't he doing anything? Why wasn't he getting help? Why are you just standing there? You thought to yourself, finding it difficult to actually say the words aloud. You swallowed excess saliva nervously, forcing yourself to speak.
  "You can't possibly believe him, can you?" You asked, frightened of what the response would be. Levi was likely figuring out what he would do, you just needed to give him time to think.
  "Think about it. Everything she did, the people she has killed. She accepted every single order I gave her without a fight. The Underground is and always will be her home. Even now that she's pleading with you, she's still just playing a game because she doesn't have the capability of stopping herself from winning." You bowed your head, shaking it aggressively.
  "She isn't struggling, so what does that tell you?" Xavier chuckled. He loosened his grip on your shoulders and just allowed his hands to sit there. You looked up at him with piercing eyes, ready to strike at him and leave with Levi.
  "Go." Levi stated calmly, releasing the man he was ready to kill. You darted your head at Levi, eyes wide. Your expression was nothing but pure defeat and horror. This can't be happening. You screamed in your own head over and over again. Xavier snickered, looking down at you with a grotesque smile. You took a step forward.
  "Levi, please! There's no way you would believe this fucking maniac!" You shouted as Xavier pulled you away in order to take you back to the Underground. You pulled yourself away, still staring at Levi, who had nothing more to say to you. The betrayed look on his face said it all. You were no longer going to see Levi or anyone else. You tittered to yourself, bowing your head once more. You figured that it was foolish for you to ever think that you deserved a decent life. Your home really was the Underground and there was nothing you could do to change that.

  A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you think. I'm doing this thing now where I will ask you all what you predict is going to happen in the up coming chapters. If you were right, or predicted something I liked, I will feature your predictions at the end of every chapter. Good luck!
~K