41: Terror

A/N: Helloooooo!!!! I hope everyone is doing well and is safe! Welcome back to another chapter!! I've decided to dedicate this chapter to 'Si vous saviez' by Eugène Ysaÿe, Marc Bouchkov, and Georgiy Dubko. It is another piano and violin duet piece that I feel fits the tone for the chapter. It's a very serene, slow song that I feel represents growth and strength. It's a very beautiful song. Feel free to listen to it, but I unfortunately do not have a link to provide as I strictly have only listened to it on Spotify. I hope you all enjoy reading this week's chapter.

*THIS CHAPTER DISCUSSES THE TOPICS OF DEATH, TORTURE, AND DISASSOCIATIVE BEHAVIOR*

  "Good evening, everyone." Xavier spoke. His voice was hoarse and vindictive. A curved smile formed on your face, hiding the quivering emotions you buried down inside. Though you personally had always told yourself that you weren't afraid of Xavier, you couldn't help but go white in the face whenever you felt something as minuscule as his presence. It wasn't fear of what he might do, it was fear of all the memories. Fear of everything you had grown up being forced to live through. You faced your demon once before, it was time to do it again. Perhaps even the finale of it all.
  "We only have a few questions for you." Zackley uttered coldly, not wanting to waste any time for your sake. You looked up at Zackley, almost having the ability to see the malice radiating off of him. You looked down, then back up to meet Xavier's wrath filled eyes. It was clear how desperate he was to get out. He was even desperate enough to make you feel the slightest inkling of trepidation for the short moments of time he had left on the planet. It was definite that he would be put down like a rabid dog, and you were pleased with that.
  "Snappy aren't you? I thought you would all be giddy with happiness, knowing that I'm about to be put to death in a matter of weeks." Xavier challenged. His words were displeasing to you as you looked at him with a vexed expression.
  "It just can't happen soon enough, I suppose." You spoke with a clear voice, staring at Xavier with nearly no emotion in your eyes. Levi and Hanji looked over at you, as if checking on your well being.
  "Such a long face. You must have something on your mind, mmh? You may not get another chance to say it, so get on with it." Xavier commented, almost sounding like he knew why you were there. You lifted your head up briefly.
  "You know something about the Titan serum don't you?" You cut right to the chase. Xavier's expression somehow grew more insidious. Hanji jolted her head back a little at the sight of Xavier's simpering grin. She was disgusted by him, as was everyone else in the room. No one could be blamed for that feeling of utter disgust, but the reaction only fueled Xavier even more. He fed off the predictable reactions of human beings. He used their fear, helplessness and anxieties to run a muck. He was truly an insane blight on the world.
  "Perhaps, I do. Why do you ask? Did you find something out that you shouldn't have?" Xavier questioned peering at everyone in the room. Hanji gave him a glare while gritting her teeth.
  "As a matter of fact, we did. And you're going to tell me exactly what you know about it." You were blunt; not in the mood to waste time. Your voice was calm and smooth. Xavier blinked a few times at you. 
  "Where did all of that spunk go?" Xavier asked, continuing to keep up his facade.
  "I'm not going to entertain your bullshit for any longer. Answer the question." You added, remaining stoic.
  "And if I don't tell you? I'm dying anyway, what use do I have in helping you, you ungrateful whore?" Xavier spat. His words angered Levi. Levi hadn't made any significant facial expressions, but you could feel the aura that was expelling from his body like a wild fire. You quietly chuckled as you shook your head. His words were boring, leaving you unbothered. 
  "Such a childish insult. You expect me to break down and cry over that? Either you tell me about the Titan serum and how I became one, or you die right now." Hanji, Erwin and Levi peered over you, not responding to your threat. They trusted you, but were still worried. You grinned slightly.
  "And you know damn well how much it will hurt if I'm the one that kills you." You continued, glaring at Xavier with half-lidded, serious eyes. He swallowed, not wanting to appear fazed by your comment. However, you knew Xavier better than that. Yet, he still continued with his game.
  "There's no difference in whether I die now or a year from now. I'm screwed either way. I told you, already, this is my fate." Xavier stated confidently, laughing at how pathetic of a threat you had given him. You tittered at his unconvincing response.
  "The difference in all of that, is that your execution will be quick and painless. Mine won't be. You of all people understand how capable I am of torture and aggression. After all, I became quite accustomed to it thanks to you, right?" You threatened once more, making Xavier acknowledge what you had stated. You smiled wider, showing your teeth. Your eyes were cold, unmoved. Zackley chuckled in the background, continuously amused by how many different personality changes you had up your sleeve. What you had gone through turned you into a machine in the presence of your abusers. You were capable of reacting and dissociating whenever you pleased. You were able to run through a rave of emotions as if you were on a spinning wheel.
  "Which will it be, Xavier?" Your expression slightly frightened Hanji, Erwin and Levi, but they remained standing where they were. Zackley also remained where he was, watching the situation unfold from a far. The room was quiet, serene. Absolute silence was something you could only experience in the dead of the night when you were locked in a dark, dirty room back in the Underground. The feeling wasn't the same, however. It was calming, knowing that you had your captor and abuser right where you wanted him. Xavier wasn't pleased, but he still somehow managed to form a curved smirk, looking at you intently.
  "Fine, I'll tell you, Y/N. It's the least I could do, right?" Your's and Xavier's smiles had nearly matched. You tilted your head to the side and upward, harboring a confused expression.
  "You're not getting sentimental are you?" You asked Xavier, mocking his incredibly poor act of compassion towards you.
  "We received the Titan serum from a doctor that had been working with us for quite some time. He was a very intelligent and willing man. Very hardworking and capable of doing anything for his family." Xavier began to explain. You couldn't figure out why you felt so uneasy by hearing those few sets of words. There was no way it could be possible, you thought to yourself.
  "Your father gave me the titan serum, Y/N." Xavier revealed slyly, the sound of what was said made you want to vomit. Your eyes widened as your breathing hitched. Your body wanted to collapse as you felt an overwhelming gloom fall over you.
  "You're lying, my father is dead. You had him killed along with my mother and brother." You grit your teeth, losing your patience. To think that Xavier would use such a situation to bring up your father and the only family you had.
  "I understand it's hard for you to hear, but it's the truth." Xavier defended, still smirking at you.
  "My father was shot in the head and stabbed repeatedly. There's no way he could've helped you after that. It's completely fucking impossible." You shouted, not taking a breath, then hyperventilating because of it. The panic you were feeling over what Xavier had stated was almost unbearable to deal with, yet, you pushed through it.
  "You don't have to believe me, but that's where it came from. Your father is still very much alive. The man who was shot was a decoy we used in place of your father. Your mother and brother are still dead, but your father is the only one of your family that remains alive. He knew the entire time, which is why he allowed the decoy." Xavier continued to explain the madness of his mindset. You refused to believe anything he had to say, but a part of you couldn't stop asking yourself one thing; why would he lie about something like that?
  "You're fucking insane. You expect me to believe that?" You interrogated, still wanting to assume everything he was telling you was an utterly pathetic lie. You couldn't believe that your own father would've allowed such a thing to happen. 
  "I imagine that you haven't opened my safe yet? All of his findings are in there, as well as signed and written letters from your father that he has sent to me for the past fifteen years. Your father has been a part of my organization for a very long time. He was involved far before he started his little family of pests." Xavier challenged you, aggravating you even further. Levi kept his eyes on you the entire time, shifting from different emotions the more Xavier spoke. Levi too assumed it was all a despicable lie and an attempt to manipulate you one last time.
  "We injected you with the serum when you were fourteen. We sedated you, bringing you to the surface and out into the forest. I had my men slice you with a knife while you were still unconscious. Then-" Xavier stopped suddenly. His expression became demented. You were taken aback by the sight, scowling at his behavior changing out of thin air. Your nose was scrunched out of the disgust you were feeling from his reactions.
  "Then, you grew like a tree! You were so incredible, Y/N! It was such a sight to be seen! You were a beautiful masterpiece! You still are! You're capable of such great things if you only allow me to show you! The scouts have tainted what we had together." Xavier had completely gone mad, shouting about pure nonsense. Levi walked closer to you, bearing an aura of comfort for you without even raising a single finger.
  "That's all in the past, Xavier. My journey to this very moment was all worth it in the end. I suppose I do have you to thank for that. If it weren't for what you had put me through, I'd still be slumming it down in the Underground. Hell, I'd likely be dead by now. I don't regret the choices I've made and I don't regret joining the Scouts. They're my family now." You informed happily, smiling warmly before you continued.
  "Only this time, there's nothing you can do about it to get rid of them." You spat back at Xavier, knowing he wouldn't be pleased upon hearing what you had said. It didn't matter any longer, however. You were free of him. Levi gave a light smile, peering over at you. You looked over, beaming at him as well.

  A/N: Just as a quick little update, I hope you all are still enjoying the story. Feel free to reach out to me any time you wish. My DM's on here and Instagram are always open. I am more frequent at checking my DM's on Instagram, but I still do take the time to check messages on here as well. Thank you! I'll update again when I have the chance. Stay safe, everyone! <3333333