35: Conversation

A/N: Hello again everyone! I really hope you like the previous chapter. As always, I've dedicated this chapter to 'Love & Hate' by Michael Kiwanuka. I personally not only love this song a lot, but I also feel this song explains the mindset of your character in the story, trying her best to break through her emotions and heal herself over everything that she had been through. Enjoy the chapter and feel free to ask questions or message me at any time. Thank you!! Enjoy! <3333333

  Levi and yourself fell asleep together once again. You had woken up several times throughout the night, but found yourself waking up in severe pain from your lower back. Sitting in the same position for too long all night wasn't exactly the best idea for yourself. You admittedly felt a little more at ease due to spending the night in Levi's arms. So much had happened in one evening that it wasn't easy to fully process. Once you had gathered yourself and managed to stand up without waking Levi, you felt embarrassed that you would allow yourself to act the way you did. You shrugged it off and reminded yourself that it wasn't just a random breakdown you had in front of someone. It was a breakdown that was eventually going to happen sooner or later that occurred in the presence of someone that deeply cared for you.
  You smiled as you watched Levi sleep. It donned on you that you never actually got the opportunity to watch him as he slept. You recalled the last time you saw him in that state, immediately ruining it by waking him up. He looked like he was in the most relaxed state of existence that any human could ever experience. You giggled to yourself. Levi shifted a little, leaving you to cover your mouth in response to your tiny outburst. You smiled at him before heading into the bathroom to take a bath. You decided to let Levi sleep a little bit longer. You undressed yourself and started the bath. You preferred the bath water just shy of scolding hot. It was surprisingly relaxing. You sat down in the tub, exhaling a bit of pent up stress; basking in the intensity of the heat.
  You heard a sudden knock at your bedroom door. You panicked, thinking who it could be at that hour of the early morning. You didn't want anyone to think something went on between Levi and yourself that wasn't true. You couldn't just get out of the tub, take the time to dry off, get dressed and then answer the door. You lowered yourself into the tub, letting the water sink up right below your nose. You figured that if you remained silent and acted like you weren't here that they would leave. You heard another knock.
  "What the fuck?" You whispered to yourself as you slowly sat up in the tub.
  "Y/N? It's Erwin." You panicked even further. You saw a silhouette moving in the corner of your eye until moving further into perfect view. Shit! You thought. It was Levi. Fuckin' shit! Don't! He was groggily heading towards the door to open it for Erwin. You hurried out of the tub and rushed to close and lock the bathroom door. You pressed your dripping backside against the door, thinking of what to do. Your hip was still aching, but your panicked state had masked that feeling. You didn't bring any clothes in the bathroom with you and Erwin likely wasn't going to leave until he spoke with you.
  You dreaded what might happen if he knew that Levi was in your bedroom all night long, and while you were currently naked in the bathroom. You heard the sound of boots tapping against the floor as you thought of what you could do. You grabbed a towel from the cupboard by the sink. You wrapped it around your body and listened in on Levi and Erwin's discussion from the other side of the locked bathroom door. Most of what you heard was mumbling. You grew impatient, so you slowly creaked open the door and listened in once more. You were startled by the sound of Erwin's questioning voice.
  "Y/N?" Erwin spoke. Shit! You shut the door hastily, locking it again.
  "Y/N, what's wrong?" You heard a softer voice. It was still deep, but soothing, wracked with concern. You sighed, your chest warming up upon hearing that it was Levi.
  "I don't have my uniform." You replied simply. Erwin and Levi looked at each other, understanding why you were so jittery.
  "I got it." Levi replied to your comment, walking toward your closet. He grabbed them and tapped at the door. You opened it slightly, just enough for Levi to snake them through the gap you made in the door. You weren't embarrassed if Levi saw you nude, but you didn't want Erwin to get the wrong idea. You smacked yourself on the forehead after realizing that Erwin most likely already suspected something, just from the fact that you didn't bring your uniform into the bathroom with you, while Levi was in the next room. Fuckin' hell! You mentally cursed at yourself. You quickly changed after drying off and headed out of the bathroom. After nervously greeting Erwin, your stress level continued to shoot through the roof.
  "I need your presence with me in my office today." Erwin informed, completely avoiding the conversation you and Levi both knew he really wanted to have. You nodded compliantly.
  "Of course, anything you need from me." You confirmed with Erwin.
  "I took the liberty of having Sasha take your place with training the cadets today." Erwin mentioned. You nodded once more, understanding what he had done, and not minding it at all.
  "Great, thank you. I'll have to thank Sasha as well later on." You mentioned, thinking of an idea to remove any odd theories that could be swarming Erwin's brain.
  "I also want to thank you, Levi." You turned to look at Levi, he looked at you without changing his expression. It was as if he knew what you were trying to do while Erwin was still present.
  "Thank you for coming here so early in the morning to make sure I didn't fall and hurt myself again." You mentioned, Levi picked his head up, understanding what the situation had turned into thanks to your plan. He played along.
  "It's no problem." Levi stated plainly, shrugging one of his shoulders. Erwin was curious, as you and Levi both would have expected.
  "Hurt?" Erwin asked, concerned. You looked at Levi, who remained as if he knew where the conversation was going. You took a breath.
  "I slipped on some water on the floor from my bathtub the other day and hurt my hip really badly. I wasn't doing too well this morning with walking, so Levi helped me with my leg and made sure that if I fell again, he would help me." You partially lied to Erwin. Levi inhaled through his nose, making you grit your teeth in order to keep yourself from laughing from such an awkwardly pressing situation.
  "She tried to keep it a secret though. If it weren't for her having trouble this morning, she would've never told anyone about her fall." Levi also partially lied, but he was passive aggressively shunning you for still keeping it a secret; especially from him. You smiled a little while looking at him, chuckling to yourself.
  "Yeah, yeah. Well, at least it's doing a lot better now that I've had a bath." You stated, looking over at Erwin, who seemed to believe the entire conversation.
  "Will you be able to continue training with your leg the way it is? We'll need to do some x-rays." Erwin suggested, more than willing to help out as best as he could as well. Levi shook his head.
  "I already told her that's what the number one thing on her list today needed to be." Levi interjected before you could respond. You nodded after he was finished explaining.
  "Glad to hear it. I'm assuming you're ready?" Erwin asked you, ready to head down to his office.
  "Yes, I am." You stuttered for a second, but then followed Erwin out of your bedroom door. As you and Erwin departed from Levi, you looked back at him while you walked away. He shut your bedroom door and looked over at you as well. You quickly looked forward, hoping he didn't catch you staring. You weren't fully aware of how he reacted once you turned back. He smiled lightly to himself before walking off in the opposite direction.

  A/N: Sorry to give you massive stress and anticipation over this chapter. I'm confident on where I'm taking the story again because I've had to make some changes to what I want to happen in the future for this fanfiction. Hope you enjoyed it! I'll be posting another chapter later today (my time). In case you were all wondering, "my time" is PST(USA). I know a lot of you are from all different areas of the world, so I just wanted to make you all aware.