31: Emotions Not Felt

Levi and yourself stood on a small hill. Your back was still turned to him as he wasn't standing that far behind you. You didn't sense that he moved closer, nor did you hear any rustling in the grass beneath the both of you. The wind picked up while you started to tear up. Everything was turning to shit again. There was nothing you could do and no way to help yourself.
  "Why didn't you tell me that's how you felt?" Levi stated, his voice was so close that the hairs on the back of your neck stood on edge. You found it in yourself to turn around, startled by how close Levi had gotten without you noticing. You stumbled backwards, now facing Levi. He reached out to grab you, but you were already out of his grasp. You didn't fall all that hard, but you landed on your hip again. How ironic. You thought to yourself. To have landed on the same hip you fell on that same morning over a similar clumsy concept was far too coincidental. Levi held out his hand for you. You hesitated, but grabbed it anyway as he pulled you up. You winced in pain as you grabbed hold of your hip bone. Levi was concerned. You looked at him, shaking your head and trying to act like the pain didn't faze you.
  "I slipped on some water and fell on my hip this morning. How clumsy of me to have fallen on it again, huh?" You stated, nervously. Levi wasn't falling your facade any longer. He hoisted you up and carried you in his arms as he supported your hip in the process. You were red in the face, but chose not to respond. You relaxed against him.
  "Not going to argue?" Levi asked. You didn't respond.
  "You're not even going to kick or punch me?" He asked further. Still no response. You didn't know what to say anymore. Your emotions, nor your brain was doing what you wanted them to. You felt that it would be best to simply stop talking in order not to embarrass yourself more.
When reaching your bedroom, Levi carefully set you down to the floor. Your door was already replaced with a brand new one. It surprised you. However, you didn't look at Levi, and you didn't speak a word. He opened the door, allowing you in first.
  A part of you wanted to run inside and close the door in his face once again, avoiding all responsibility to the scenario. While you continued to stand there motionless, time kept ticking by. The thought of shutting him out completely, and not allowing him in your bedroom was growing stronger. You took your chance no matter how ridiculous it had seemed. You slowly walked in before him, then swiftly shut the door, locking it before he could stop you. You dropped to the floor slowly and placed your forehead against the door. Your breathing hitched again as you heard the most angelic sound.
  "Y/N." Levi said softly. Your chest began to hurt again. You didn't want to deal with the conversation any longer. The emotions you were feeling were becoming too difficult to handle.
  "Go away." You responded, barely able to get the words out. Levi didn't budge. You could still see his shadow through the crack under the door. You shut your eyes tightly, knitting your eyebrows as your upper lip curled in a sorrowful manner.
  "You know I can't do that. You're hurt, and more importantly, we still haven't talked about what we need to." Levi argued, his voice still smooth. Though, he was stern.
  "I'm fine, can we please talk about it another time?" You continued to refuse his entrance.
  "I don't believe you. You're avoiding this and you won't face it unless I make the choice for you." Levi raised his voice a little to help you understand his impatience. Was there no one around to hear him? You thought. It was after all that time in the day where people were either off doing their own thing, or training. There had to at least be someone. You began to panic, easily telling that Levi was growing more restless. You had no choice but to unlock the door. It would be far more shameful to have someone hear such a conversation going on, rather than having Levi alone with you. You stepped away from the door to unlock it, allowing him inside. You stared at the floor, turned away from him slightly. You were scared again.
  "What is with you?" Levi questioned. You suddenly felt angered. You glared at him.
  "My commanding officer pushing me into doing things that are clearly making me uncomfortable, that's what's wrong with me." You were annoyed, but still felt your growing emotions cascade around like a pinball machine. However, you shocked yourself over the tone you had. It had been a while since you could actually speak to him that way, let alone look him in the eye.
  "I didn't mean it that way, Y/N. How can you expect me to understand what you're feeling if you don't tell me? It's difficult to know what's going on if you don't speak up about it." Levi defended, hurt that you would keep your worries to yourself. You sighed, looking away again.
  "It's not that simple." You answered, still avoiding everything you wanted to blurt out.
  "I already told you I heard what you and Hanji were talking about before I walked in." Levi admitted once again. You tilted your head slightly, remembering that Levi mentioned he only heard a part of the conversation. You relaxed your shoulders.
  "You said you only heard the end. So, you were eavesdropping the entire time?" You questioned, somewhat irritated. Levi raised his eyebrows, chuckling a little.
  "Yeah, I guess I was." He admitted, full of guilt. You opened your mouth to explain, but stopped yourself. Levi gazed at you.
  "Well, if you won't tell me right now, can I at least take care of your hip?" Levi asked. Your body froze up again. It had occurred to you that your current scenario was similar to the one when the two of you had first met each other. Even though your emotions were all over the place throughout the day, you knew that it wouldn't go the way you would expect it to. Why was it so different now? There really is something wrong with me. You thought to yourself as you nodded in agreement.
  "Yeah, I guess so." You approved for Levi to help you. You begged yourself not to screw everything up as you relayed to yourself that thing would either get better or worse from that moment forward.

  A/N: I'm glad I got this chapter out. There's a lot that's going to be happening with this story in the future. I figured out where I want to take the plot even further and I really think you all are going to love it. It might become a huge surprise too, so be aware of that. I'm not sure when it will happen, but I just know it's coming. I'll try to squeeze out another chapter today if I can. I'm feeling fairly motivated. Fingers crossed!