The ball of the spade kingdom

Hellooo Another UsUk fanfic. Yay!!! I wanted to do a cardverse AU since forever and here we are. Anyway, so just so you know Arthur was Francis' maid, but ran away. In the original AU Arthur was chosen by Alfred, though Arthur was in the Diamond kingdom. Let's get on with the story, shall we...

Alfred's POV

It is hard running a kingdom all by yourself, isn't it? Deciding who should be executed, what to do with money, what to do to help everybody and...and...and. It's tiring and all of this since I was 16?! Let me explain, my mom died during giving birth to me and my father died when I was 16. I was the heir so I obviously had a coronation and started on the job immediately. Luckily I had a caretaker Yao who is now my advisor. So I guess I'm not running the kingdom all alone.

I'm now 21 and still have yet to find a queen. None of my suitors or townsfolk interested me or seemed worthy to have the title as 'the queen of spades'. So as of tonight there would be a ball held in honor of my 21st birthday where I would choose a queen. I wasn't all that thrilled. I'm fine on my own! A king doesn't need a queen...! Does he...?

Time skip to that night!~

Alfred's POV

"I don't understand it Yao! Why do I need a queen? I've been fine on my own for 5 years!" I whined to my advisor as he helped me get dressed. "Says the one who can't dress himself," Yao mumbled as he buttoned my vest. I let out a offended gasp. "Can too!" I yelled childishly. He chuckled lightly as he finished dressing me and continued dressing himself. "Your just doing this to get noticed by the king of Clubs," I chuckle at him sitting on my bed. A blush spread across his cheeks. "Shut... Shut up!" He shouted stuttering a bit.

"A king needs a queen to love, protect and care for. Also if the love is perfect it's just like a game of chess," he smiled at me. I look at him confusedly. "Ugh I have to spell everything out for you. A king who is afraid of losing his queen. And a queen who sacrifices everything to protect her king. I want you to have that life Alfred. Someone who helps you, trusts you and most importantly loves you. Someone who will be there for you when I am not," Yao replied as he ruffled my hair. Honestly he is like a mother figure to me.

"And a little bit for the other reason. But he already has a queen!" Yao sobbed dramatically making me laugh. "He married for help not love. I'm sure he has a crush on you Yao," I laugh at him. "Yeah right. And I am a vegetable," he sighed sarcastically. I laugh at him as he pouted. "Let's go downstairs. Guests are already arriving," Yao announced as he led us downstairs as I sighed. There is no way in hell I will find a queen tonight...

And so the night dragged on. Every lady and sometimes a man threw themselves on me. But they just liked me for my looks or riches. I sighed as I talked with Francis, Yao, Ivan, Ludwig, Kiku and Feliciano. "You know I have such a cute and submissive maid at my place. But he is mine. Well for a reasonable price that is," Francis kept on bragging as I sighed. Like I thought, a pointless night full of pointless torture...

"I'm going to stand outside you guys," I announced as I walked outside. I look up into the night sky as I stand there getting fresh air. Suddenly someone bumped into me sending us both to the ground...

Arthur's POV

After a long day of endless labor and that stupid frog keeping me from work I retire to my room for the night, wishing it could last forever. My hips and my back still hurts, making it painful to walk. Stupid frog! I fall onto the bed and cried into my pillow. Today was worse than all those other times he did it. I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I screamed in my head. I finally calmed down after my waterfall of tears and just hugged my pillow for comfort. I hear the other maids talk from outside.