The recognizeable suitor

Hellooo I really don't have anything to say except enjoy this chapter!😜

Arthur's POV

I woke up, because of yet another nightmare about Francis. And as always I cry silently to myself. "Hmm Arthur...? Oh god what's wrong?! Are you alright?" Alfred asked as he woke up immediately recognizing my crying. I notice he had his arm around my waist and I was fairly close to his chest. "I'm sorry your majesty. I mean Alfred," I apologized drying my tears immediately. "What are you saying sorry for? You did nothing wrong," Alfred wiped away my tears as I, on habit, slapped his hand away, immediately regretting it. He looked surprise, but his expression soon softened.

"Is it about that bastard running a kingdom?" He asked as I hesitantly nodded. "Don't worry he can't hurt you. You are safe and I won't allow him to even think about touching you ever again," Alfred assured and I immediately without thinking hugged him. He was surprised by the hug, but immediately hugged back. I feel so safe around him, like nothing can hurt me while he embraces me. No Arthur he will only stab you in the back! They always do...

We stayed in that position for a while, me crying and him saying soothing nothings into my ear. After a while I calmed down and only hugged him back just breathing in his surprisingly sweet scent. No Arthur! No! Not again. "C'mon love birds. Breakfast is ready," we heard from outside the door. "Aww I thought you said I could help today!" Alfred whined and helped me out of bed. "You were in such a deep sleep, when I tried to call for you, you didn't even respond," the voice replied as Alfred unlocked and opened the door. I shyly hid behind him.

I see a very female looking man in the doorway. He had on a what almost looked like a mix between a robe and a gown with a little hat on his head. He had long brownish-blackish hair, that was in a low ponytail hanging over his shoulder. He had a mix between green and brown eyes. "Yao this is Arthur. Arthur this is my advisor Yao," Alfred introduced gesturing to me while I still try to hide. "Advisor. Yeah right, I'm like his mother. But anyway nice to meet you Arthur," he holds his hand out as I hesitantly shake it lightly. "Alright. I just came to tell you that you can come down to eat," Yao stated as he walked downstairs. We followed him.

"Does he know about Francis?" I asked as Alfred shook his head. "I didn't tell him. He would go full blown mother on you and do a full fletched check up like a doctor would," Alfred explained as I let out a tiny laugh. "Plus, I didn't have your permission. If I have to tell something so personal, I'll ask the person first," Alfred explained as I stare at him in surprise. He actually cares about personal space...

"Do you always help around the castle. Like clean, cook and so on?" I ask as I looked around the beautiful castle. "I try to. All the servants here come from tough pasts and I try to help those in need. Plus if I'm stressed or anxious I will clean to calm myself down. I like to cook, but I always prefer to make food for other people and not for myself," Alfred explained as a maid greeted him. "Francis would cook. But only for himself and ladies who would come over. He never really cared for his queen and I think the queen feels the same," I remembered back. "Yeah. If I have to marry someone I would do it out of love, not power," Alfred admitted as I stare at him still surprised.

"Why do you always look so surprised when I say something?" Alfred asked as I blushed and looked away. "No I haven't really heard someone marrying for love. You are either sold off, forced to or do it for money or power. Sure Francis did talk about love and true love a lot, but I doubt there is something like that," I admitted. "Trust me, I believe there is something like that. I just believe it is hard to find. I haven't experienced love before, but a theory I have heard and read about is kings and queens don't have a choice. A significant other is decided for them by fate and they don't get to choose their lovers," Alfred explained as I suddenly felt bad for all Kings and queens for that reason.