A day without Alfred (Part 1)

Helloooooooooooo Sorry this took so long, if you read my other writing you might've realized I was busy with other fanfics as well. Seriously listen to the song above! It isn't mine, but it belongs to a wonderful artist who draws cardverse UsUk. The story China is telling is that story! Anywho, let's get on with this😘

Arthur's POV

I woke up the next morning and realize I must've fallen asleep after I stopped crying, because of Alfred's soft soothing words. I realize I didn't feel Alfred's arms around me and lazily cracked open my eyes and realize...

Alfred isn't next to me. Which is unusual since he usually wakes me up or I'm awake before him, the latter mostly happening. I started to have a full mental panic attack as I immediately stood up and ran out of the room to the hallway. I don't hear any talking, only silence. That means no one has woken up yet. I started to fear that Francis found out and hurt or even killed Alfred. I fell to my knees and started hyperventilating and crying.

It was silent, only my harsh breathing and crying could be heard. I suddenly hear footsteps run up to me and a hand being placed on my head. I look up and see the long brown haired male namely Yao. He helped me up and lead me back to Alfred's room. We sat on the bed as I only held my knees close to my chest and cried harder than ever before.

"Honey what's wrong?" Yao asked concerned and lightly rubbed my back. "Where is Alfred? Did Francis hurt... or... kill Alfred?" I choked out between sobs fully breaking down at the last question. Yao stared at me surprised before smiling and laughing slightly. I look at him surprised as I feel him wrap his arms around my shoulders pulling me close.

"The King didn't tell you about their strange traditions?" Yao laughed slightly as I shook my head as a no. "Don't worry dear. Alfred is alright and not hurt, well not when he left anyway," Yao assured wiping away my tears on my face. I stared at him confused. "Once a month to get rid of their stress, anger and so on the Kings of every kingdom goes out for a hunting trip that lasts about a day or two. It started after the Great War between the four kingdoms to release the King's anger, without starting a war. Don't worry Alfred is fine, Francis might not be if he sticks around Alfred a lot, but Alfred is fine," Yao explained as I sighed in relief.

"So... So Alfred isn't dead or hurt?" I asked for confirmation. "Of course darling. At least I hope so," Yao smiles as I look down sadly. "No don't worry darling. I'm sure he's fine. I mean he has Ivan and Ludwig to protect him if he needs it. You have nothing to fear," Yao reassures quickly as he notices my sudden sadness and ruffles my already messy hair. I stayed in his arms for a while, but it didn't feel as comforting as Alfred's hug.

"It's good to finally see a king and queen who love each other after so many decades," Yao sighed happily. "I'm not Alfred's queen yet, since he hasn't accepted me as one. For now I'm nothing..." I sigh sadly. "Honey Alfred wants to protect you and doesn't want to force you into anything you may not like. I'm pretty sure if you give him time, I'm sure he will love you. Even if he does already, he wants to heal your wounds first and make you comfortable and feel protected before even thinking about a relationship. Just give it time, he will love you. I personally think he accepts you as a queen he just doesn't want to see you near Francis or getting hurt again," Yao reassured as I smiled a little. "Alfred is great..." I mumble to myself lightly. Yao chuckled as I blushed realizing he might've heard me. Suddenly I remembered the conversation from yesterday.

"What Francis said yesterday... Why can't a queen and a king love each other?" I ask sadly. "Well it's old superstition from what happened in the past. Since then kings and queens were taught they may not love each other or else they will affect the land badly. Of course, Alfred and Matthew alike didn't listen to this and actually fell in love with their queen. Ever since the other kingdoms found out about Matthew's death everyone thought he fell in love with his secret queen and it was their fault," Yao explained.