Happy Birthday Alfred...

Helloooo💕 Happy Fourth of July!!!🇺🇸✨🇺🇸 This as suggested Alfred's birthday chapter. I hope you enjoy this💕

Arthur's POV

The meeting ended as everyone packed up and left. Although Alfred was the host of the party he was surprisingly...silent... He didn't talk a lot except if he was spoken to and he didn't have that smile on his face anymore. It wasn't just the meeting where he was so quiet and emotionless, it was also this morning when we woke up.

Like always I woke up before he did and stayed cuddled into him. When he woke up he greeted me and immediately stood up, still emotionless. Of course I was confused and naturally just believed Alfred wasn't excited for the meeting. Now the meeting was over and most kingdoms have already left, except Ivan who always stays the night.

Once we got in our room I hugged him from behind, hiding my face in his back. "You alright Alfred?" I asked calling him by his real name now. He looked at me surprised before going back to his emotionless state. He softly patted my hands before making me let go. "I'm completely fine Arthur. I'll be in the garden," he informed as I was about to say I'll come with him when he cut me off. "Alone," he specified walking out of the room and downstairs. I look at him confusedly and kind of sadly. I knew he had off now and he would usually spend time with me. My thoughts travelled to what could be happening as I went to the kitchen so I can make myself some tea.

I spot Yao and Ivan was already there drinking something, though I couldn't tell what. I made myself some tea and it seemed I had a sad expression on as they looked at me concerned. "Is there something wrong your majesty? I thought you and Alfred were in the garden," Yao asked massaging my shoulder as I hugged him. He was surprised but hugged back smoothing my hair.

"Did Alfred find another queen yet?" I asked one of my top theories. "No he hasn't spoken about it in any meetings," Ivan answered this time as Yao only nodded confirming what Ivan said was true. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked again as Yao shook his head. "No I don't think so..." He answered.

"Is everything alright Arthur?" Yao asked as I sighed hiding in his chest. "Alfred seems like he doesn't like me anymore..." I hesitantly told him. He looked even more confused but soon snapped it and smiled happily giggling a bit. "Honey tomorrow is Alfred's birthday. He will seem so down in the dumps for two days. We usually just leave him alone those few days since he will push us away anyway. It has been like that since Matthew's death," Yao explained and smiled at me smoothing my hair.

"Will he go back to normal?" I ask hesitantly as Ivan chuckled and they nodded. "He always does, he just needs some time," Ivan smiled as I sighed in relief finally pulling away from the hug. I spent the rest of the day talking with them. When it was finally bedtime Alfred held me closer than normal. I smiled and cuddled into him making plans to make this the best birthday ever!

Time skip to the next day~

Arthur's POV

I set up decorations in the living room trying very hard to reach high places. Alfred was still in bed and Ivan and Yao were at the harbor searching for Ivan's ship home. Honestly things weren't going as planned...

I woke up late, luckily Alfred had a day off so he sleeps way later than usual. It seemed that was the only thing that had a bright side... When I thought about it last night I thought I'll wake up early, buy ingredients for a cake, buy new decorations and buy him a present! Now that I woke up late I got some old decorations from the attic. And when I say old, I mean very very very OLD! The decorations no longer had their shine, they looked colorless and overall they were just falling apart. At that point I wanted to break but I kept going.