I can't lose you again

Hellooo💕 Yes I know it's been a while but I'm finally back! Exams are finally done and I'm on vacation for 2 months! Woohoo!😜 That means more and more updates coming out so stay tuned! Welp I don't really have much to say except enjoy this chapter😘

Alfred's POV

"Wake up idiot we're going to be late"

All I can remember is a blinding light after I chanted the spell. I hesitantly opened my eyes to be met by blinding sunlight. I cover my eyes and sat up. I felt awful. I suddenly remember what I did and immediately looked around. I see Arthur and almost immediately wanted to start crying. He noticed and instead of the strict expression he had earlier his features now softened. He sits down next to me on the bed and hugged me close. I immediately hugged back and cried into his shoulder.

"Why are you crying love? Was it another nightmare?" He asked and smoothed my hair as I continued to cry. Before the battle I had a lot of nightmares of Arthur dying. Guess what they became real that day. Dreams do come true, even if you don't want them to. "Yeah..." I smile and wipe away my tears. He laughs slightly and held me close. "You know I believe you'll protect me against everything that causes me harm," he smiles at me happily. "Yeah...I guess," I sighed and smoothed his hair.

He smiles sadly at me and kissed me. I kissed back happily as we both held each other close. He soon pulled back as we rested our foreheads together. I was feeling more and more stressed than the first battle since I know if I don't do it perfectly at the right time Arthur will die again and I will have to use the clock before I die. Arthur notices and softly cupped my cheeks chanting a spell like before. I stopped him as he pouted.

"Asshole, I just wanted to take your mind back to-" he said the exact same words as before but I stopped him. "Back to our coronation slash wedding?" I raised my eyebrow as he looked at me surprised and confused. "How did you know I was going to say that?" He looked at me confused checking my temperature. I chuckle and stopped him.

"I'm not sick Arthur but we have to focus on the battle not on other things," I told him as he sighed and hugged me close. "I know we will win, I know it. So don't worry about it for now," he looks at me sadly. "I love you so much Arthur, I won't let anything happen to my queen," I kiss his forehead still hugging him close. "I love you too Alfred and I know you won't let anything happen to me. Just... Don't forget to take care of yourself as well," he looks at me concerned as I sighed. Good thing thing this Arthur hasn't seen the future already. While Arthur was gone I rarely took care of myself. Yao usually had to force me to do something for my own benefit

Arthur's POV

I look up at him confused. I don't know why but I can feel that something is terribly wrong. My gut feeling told me that Alfred isn't telling me everything that I should know. I sigh brushing it off as I kiss his forehead. "Why do I have a feeling you won't take care of yourself when I'm gone?" I ask looking at him sadly. He sighed and smoothed my hair letting me rest on his chest. I hug him close listening to his heartbeat as my ear was placed by his heart.

"To be fair if I'm gone would you take care of yourself?" Alfred pointed out as I sighed and hugged him closer. "I want you there with me..." I hesitantly told him as he kissed my cheek. "And I want you here with me too," Alfred repeated what I said as I nodded. I know if it were me in that position where I lose Alfred I won't be able to take care of myself. "I guess you're right. But that just means now we have to really look after ourselves so we can stay together in the future," I smile at him happily cupping his cheeks. Alfred looked down staying silent for a while before nodding and kissing my cheek. "Of course Arthur," Alfred promised as I smiled and we helped each other get dressed.