First meeting of the new year

Hellloooo💕 Wow yes it's been a long time but I do hope you enjoy this! Like I said if you want something to happen you can ask me. So I wanted to do this before Alfred goes away again but I still hope you enjoy this. Anyway let's continue!!!💕

Arthur's POV

"Dear your jacket is inside out," I sigh as I help Alfred get ready for the meeting. He smiled and gently ruffled my hair. "Thanks Artie. I guess I'm just tired from all the work I've got to do," he thanked and excused as I sighed and rested my forehead on Alfred's shoulder fixing the tie around his neck. "You work yourself to hard Alfred..." I sigh as I look at him worriedly. He was surprised by this but smile and held me close. "Hey now, don't worry. I'm just glad I got to spend the time with you," he smiles gently smoothing my hair. "Still...Go to the meeting and promise me afterwords there is no work. We can cuddle and read books," I look up at him pleadingly. He sighed a bit,"But-" "No buts. Please Alfred? I want you to rest," I plead with him gripping his jacket. "I promise Artie. After the meeting we can cuddle and read," he sighs and smiles as he gently kissed my forehead.

I smile as I let go of him helping him get ready. "You better get in costume Artie, before they see you," he reminded me as I groaned tilting my head back dramatically. I sigh as I got the dress I used to wear all the time (the one Yao made me) and the wig along with the fake glasses. I put the outfit on as I also put the wig on. I brush it out carefully as I was finally done. I use Alfred's pin from the New year's party putting it in my hair to keep the bangs out of my face. I smile at my new outfit change. I put on the small heeled shoes walking out again. Alfred admired me a bit pulling me close. I was surprised by that but smiled as I hugged him back. He helped me with the corset that came with the dress (Yao usually helped me with that but he was busy making food for everyone). He then helped me with the make up.

"Gosh you're beautiful..." He complimented as I blushed but pouted a bit. "Don't say that when I'm dressed as a girl you idiot," I glare at him as he chuckles continuing the make up. "Either way you're beautiful. I do like you more in the other outfit, since every time you disguise yourself like this I feel scared...Each time you risk yourself getting caught," I sigh at his words. I was also scared out of mind but probably not for the same reason as Alfred. He is afraid of me getting taken from him and I'm scared I'll be the reason for him getting hurt or worse killed. But I promised myself that I will sacrifice everything to protect him...

"I'm more scared you get hurt. But I trust you, you won't let him near me," I smile at him gently smoothing his hair, being careful around the sensitive cowlick (Don't ask how I know it's sensitive, it is a very...Uhm...awkward story). "I'm glad you trust me. I will never let him have you, never ever," he smiles as I roll my eyes and smile at him. He is soon done as we waited for the guests. He was lying down on the bed with me lying on his chest. He was gently playing with my hair as I played with the tie around his neck.

"You still know what the rules are Artie?" He asks me as I nodded. "If I feel uncomfortable I go out the door without saying anything and come here and wait for you. If I need to use the restroom I excuse myself and if I'm not back in a while you will come search me," I told him from memory as he nods. "Good. Please keep by that. I'm sitting next to Francis today so I want you to walk around more. Ever so now and again we have a coffee break and you can help the maids handle the pastries and cups of coffee or tea. I'll take care of you don't worry. I promise nothing bad will happen to you. If you do get found out, leave it for me. I will take the blow, don't worry alright. Yao and Ivan will take care of you if something happens," he instructs as I whimper. "You will get killed..." I look at him sadly now as he sighed and smiled. "Maybe Artie. But then you're safe so that's important," he smiled smoothing 'my' hair. I shake my head. "No you won't stand up for me. I'll take the blow. I can't stand seeing you hurt," I whimper as he sighed playing with my hair. "I'm standing up for you." "No you aren't." "Yes I am." "No you aren't."