Getting Arthur back

Helloooo💕 Sorry I took a while off since my mental health has been down for a while and I didn't feel like writing so I took a little breaks but I'm back now! I hope you enjoyed it and will read further

⚠️There's not any warning  except slight mentioned rape and torture but there won't be a specific warning. Even the mentions are pretty light and not into that much detail⚠️

Arthur's POV (A/N Yes my baby boy is back!)

I sigh as I lay there, in my bed, unable to sleep. This has been happening since a few days ago where I discovered the next meeting is going to be here so every kingdom will be here. Of course I'm sure I'd be super happy to see Alfred for the first time in like a month but...

I knew I was going to see those tired and emotionless eyes. I knew he will just look at me sadly and sympathetically murmur 'I'm so sorry' to me when he thinks no one is listening, or those fake smiles he puts on in front of the other kingdoms. I sigh as I try different sleep positions but nothing worked as I just stared up at the plain ceiling like it's the most interesting thing in the world.

Except for a few random stains, that I'd rather not know the story of, the ceiling was simple and plain. Luckily unlike most maids here I have my own room so I can keep anything in the room, though the bed is unstable and is on his last legs. Every day it feels like if I don't sit on it carefully that it would break from other movements.

I sigh as I just want to be in Alfred's arms. Happy in Alfred's loving embrace. But I knew that was a stupid hope. It's been a month and I know Alfred is probably overworking on his royal work and on getting ideas of how to get me back to the Spade kingdom. I don't know how hard they're fighting to keep me but some part of me wish they'd stopped fighting for me. The other part wants to get out of this hell hole and be with Alfred again.

Once it was time to wake up, even if I didn't even close my eyes without thinking of Alfred's arms around me like they always were, I get ready for the meeting. I was now in a butler uniform that I was instructed to wear rather than the revealing and skimpy maid outfit I'm usually forced to wear. I fix myself up some more so I look more professional and not the slut I usually dress up as.

I was busy getting the meeting room ready for the meeting like putting the notes for the meeting on their specific file, everyone's was highlighted with their color and name so no confusion will take place. I was just about to place the Spade kingdom's file by their desk but was stopped by a maid calling my name. I look up and moved my sore and bruised body over to her. None of the other servants spoke up to the abuse since they were afraid of ruining their job.

"Yes miss," I answered once I was close enough to to here so I can hear what she has to stay. First she reads through what is expected of me today like what chores do I have to do. What royalty members I have to care for. Just as I was about to continue placing their files in the correct order when she said something that shocked me to the bone, I can feel a shiver going up my spine. Like some people will describe it as someone walking over your grave. I sigh as I go to do my other work, me looking so sad but at the same time happy that the words were true.

"The Spade kingdom is going to miss this meeting because they have other matters to take care of..."

Mini time skip~

Arthur's POV

I try to keep my sigh in as I gave all the different nations there sweet snacks and tea while they were in break. I don't know why (since honestly I thought they'd keep giving me sad looks) but no one even spared me a glance. Except for Ivan who showed me a paper that asked if I'm alright. I simply smiled and mouthed to him,'Not really, but it's alright.' He only nodded to not make it look suspicious. I continued doing this as Francis in a calm voice asked me to come back later to retrieve and do the dishes, till that I could keep myself busy by walking around the house and finding something to clean, he specified most of the bedrooms since that's where most of the kingdoms are staying. I nodded and left the room.