13: secret

thursday, the twenty-eighth of april
sendai city gymnasium
     happy 1k! :))

     "(name), did you say... Shiratorizawa?"

     The area of which you were standing in along with the captain of Tokoyuro and Aoi went silent. The few other girls who were just grabbing their water bottles nearby just stopped and stared at whatever was going on. Aoi looked quite upset at what she'd just heard in contrast to how she normally looked.

     The only sound was the constant murmur of the crowd in the gymnasium. You didn't quite know what to say.

     Aoi's eyebrows furrowed. "(Name)," she whispered slowly, her voice sounding hurt, "why are you going there?"

     "I have a scholarship there," you replied, "I only came to Japan because I had a scholarship there."

     You regretted telling Aoi the truth because of how depressed she currently looked. It wasn't the normal Aoi, and that somewhat pulled at your heart strings.

     "My sisters go there. All three of them. They were horrid to me in my childhood and I vowed not to go to Shiratorizawa and have no connections to the school because thinking about them left a foul taste on my tongue. And now, all of a sudden, the very person I trusted the most other than my parents just up and ruined everything?!" Aoi began to raise her voice, alerting the attention of Rio and Rin. They both rushed over to see what Aoi was in such a panic about.

     "Aoi, what's wrong?" Asked Rin, her arm around Aoi's shoulders, "what's happened?"

     Hearing Rin's support made Aoi burst into tears. Angry tears. Sad tears.

     "It's (name)," she croaked out inbetween sobs, "she's... she's going to..."

     Aoi's face darkened like a character would when they were mad. She stopped crying abruptly and glared in your direction. She pointed a shaky finger at you, and with the most angriest, furious voice, she said: "Shiratorizawa."

     Rin gasped. Rio gasped. They both turned to you with sad looks on their faces. No, they weren't angry, of course, just rather... disappointed. "She had a scholarship there. That's the only reason why she's come to Japan!

     "She doesn't care about us! She didn't come here for us! (Name) is a traitor!" Aoi finished, her breathing becoming more sharp. Rin hugged Aoi tighter as she tried her hardest to calm her down.

Rio decided that she needed to say something. "Er, I don't exactly see what the problem is," she said in her normal quiet voice, "it's just (name)'s school."

"Just her school!" Exclaimed Aoi in disbelief, "Just her school you say!"

Rin's cheeks were flushed. "Rio, you might've only joined last year but Shiratorizawa has been our school's enemy for the past twenty years!"

     "But still, we don't need to attack (name) for it."

     Aoi and Rin said nothing. They just sulked and walked off, holding each other tightly. Aoi continued to sob. You stood still. You didn't quite expect for them to react like that, but were you really expecting for them to react nicely to you going to a school who's been their enemy for twenty years?

     "Oh, jeez," you managed to say, "didn't think they'd react like that."

     Rio shook her head and put her slender hand on your shoulder. She looked up to you with the most sincere look in her eyes, and she said, "I'll be your friend, (name), don't worry. I'll protect you."