52: kuroo's ending

'Killer Queen...'

     The familiar Cheshire Cat grin greeted you from behind as you spun around, only to find the person who called you behind you once more. Kuroo tapped your shoulder and did his infamous lunatic laugh when he noticed how he scared you. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself," he apologised, running one of his - rather large - hands through his omnipresent bedhead.

     Weird. Omnipresent is used to describe god. In other words, Kuroo's hair was god. In a very godly way.

     "Goodness, Kuroo, my heart almost stopped," you gasped, "but hello. Welcome to my country."

     He smirked. "Your country, hm?"

     "...yes, my country."

Kuroo ran a hand through his hair again. He seemed to do that a lot - not that you'd have known that, but judging by the way he looked rather nervous as he looked around the gym, you'd say that it was out of nervousness. His text stated that he liked two girls, so perhaps he was looking out for an angry Megumi.

Small, but very, very vicious.

The middle blocker took a deep breath in and then flexed his hands (his hands were very nice). Kuroo seemed to be having a mental debate in his head before he took you by the arm and walked you away from the main gymnasium. He took you out of some doors, down some corridors, and through a few rooms until you noticed that you were both alone in some sort of locker room. Nobody's bags were in here, so it probably wasn't used unless there were quite a few teams involved.

Kuroo sat down on one of the benches and scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "Sorry. I shouldn't have brought you so far away from everyone." He put his feet up on the bench opposite him and relaxed a bit.

"Oh, it's, er, fine," you replied, sitting down next to him but not too close. You assumed that he was here to say something regarding his text or regarding Megumi, so you were prepared to not get too close for the time being.

For the time being, you internally laughed, noticing how you anticipated him telling you all about his feelings and then wanting to sit closer to you. You couldn't lie, you had thought about Kuroo at least once - I mean, who hasn't? Kuroo was probably one of the most attractive people you'd ever seen. His hair, despite it being a mess, really suited him, and his arms were already really toned, and he was tall, his eyes were pretty, and, by god, that smirk-

"(Name)?" He smirked again (you felt yourself go red) and snapped you out of your trance. "What, am I just that irresistible?"

Yes. "You wish," you retorted. Your mind was telling you other things and you didn't quite know how to feel about that.

Kuroo's smirk suddenly faded away and he seemed to tense up a little bit. When you tried to make eye contact with him, he shied away and pulled out his phone. He texted someone else for a little while longer before you felt your phone buzz in your pocket.

private conversation with kurhoe!
3:30pm

kurhoe: i'm sorry

killerqueen: for what??

kurhoe: i'm not as confident as i want to be

killerqueen: it's fine!! you can say more things over text than in person i think

kurhoe: dear lord we have a lot in common
kurhoe: you have no idea how much i've wanted to just text people instead of talking to them
kurhoe: i guess kenma's rubbing off on me now