Meeting Again

"Becs, are you ready?" Rebecca heard Joni yell up the stairs at her. She heard the door close a minute later and assumed Isaac was with her. That meant one thing. Rebecca was running behind schedule. Isaac was late most of the time which drove everyone crazy.

Sighing she spun around giving herself another look at her dusty pink dress. Joni had brought it over the day before telling her that the lace looked classy for the event and the off the shoulder neckline with ruffles added "just the right bit of sexiness." She wasn't sure if that was what she wanted tonight but she was wearing it anyway. She sat on her bed to slip on her gold strappy heels as Joni reached the top stair.

"Thanks for answering me."

"Sorry," Rebecca said standing up. She heard a gasp from Joni and looked at her with a raised brow.

"If I wasn't married. I would totally do you," she said covering her mouth with both her hands. Rebecca looked down at the dress again. She didn't think it looked that good on her. "Vince is going to lose his shit!" Rebecca's head flew up her eyes widened.

"What?" Joni laughed and swung her hand in Rebecca's direction waving her off.

"Don't act like that dress doesn't hug every curve you have and isn't going to attract attention. Why do you think I got it for you?"

"I should have known you had something up your sleeve." Rebecca ran her hands down the front of her dress on more time. "Let's get this over with," she sighed. There wasn't anything she could do about the dress or the impending situation. She followed Joni to the first floor and said hello to Isaac before grabbing her clutch she looked at Joni who was standing at the open door, Isaac having already walked out. "I can't do this."

"Yes, you can," Joni said walking to her and holding each of her hands in her own. "You got this. Whatever happens, happens. But I know you are strong enough to do this." Rebecca nodded as she took a deep breath. Joni sucked at pep talks and they got worse the more she tried. Not wanting to hear how bad it could get she decided to agree with her friend.

"Let's go," she forced a smile and walked to the door.

Rebecca heard Joni gasp from beside her when they walked into the room. Rebecca rolled her eyes and looked around. The room was beautiful. The tables were covered with grey table cloths that sparkled. The centerpieces were made of silver boxes of roses surrounded by candles. The lighting was perfectly romantic. Rosalina did an amazing job.

"There you two are," Rosalina scolded. Both of them smiled at the bride as she threw her arms around them.

"You look beautiful," Joni said when they all separated. The dress she wore was amazing. Stopping just before the top of her knees. There were ruffles everywhere except where the neckline plunged low.

"Why thank you," Rosalina smiled as she spun around. The girls laughed together for several minutes before Rebecca excused herself to go to the restroom.

Vincent had been watching Rebecca since she had walked in Gio and Ant suggested that he go and talk to her several times but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. She looked amazing. The pink dress she was wearing looked amazing against her just barely tan skin. She was as beautiful as she was that day he walked away from her. He knew that at some point he was going to have to talk to her. Rosalina, of course, had them walking together and she was insisting on a dance at the reception. Domenico had assured him that she wasn't trying to force them together but the look on his face told him that those two small details may have been all Rosalina had allowed Domenico to help with.

He watched the door that led to the hallway from the ballroom the party was in. Rebecca had walked out at least five minutes ago and she hadn't come back. Just as he was about to go check on him, she walked back in. "I have to admit she looks beautiful," came a familiar voice. Vincent turned to see his sister, Lidia.