Rescued

Rebecca was pacing. She felt like she had been doing so for hours. It was nearly time for them to bring her food and she was hoping to avoid Melina's taunting this time. She was hungry and starting to think she would never get out of the situation. She felt like crying but knew that she had to stay strong.

The door opened and she stopped her pacing to see the man that had been bringing her food, walk-in. "Here's your dinner, Rebecca," he said placing the tray on the table that sat in front of the couch. Rebecca gave him a forced smile but said nothing. She hadn't spoken a word to him even once. She didn't understand how someone could be okay with helping kidnap a pregnant woman. She watched the man walk back to the door before he stopped and turned back to her. "Milena said to let you know she will be in to speak with you in a little while." Rebecca huffed.

"Suddenly I have lost my appetite," she said before kicking the leg on the table. She heard a crack and looked down to see that she had kicked the leg hard enough that it had come loose. She tipped the table on its side not caring when she heard her food crash to the floor. She started to wiggle the leg around until she broke it off. She smiled wide but held back the squeal she that nearly came to the surface so no one heard it. She decided that she would take the risk when Milena came in. It shouldn't be hard to knock her out with it and then she could try and sneak out. She stood against the wall where she would be hidden when it was opened. She adjusted the table leg in her hands holding it up so she was ready.

When the door finally opened after what felt like hours to her, she swung hard on the person that walked in but, it wasn't Milena. It was her father and as he turned, Rebecca's eyes grew wide seeing the anger spread across his face. She dropped the table leg and backed up as he advanced toward her. She felt her back hit the wall and she flinched with her eyes closed not knowing what he planned to do to her. She felt his grab her by the arm and pulled her. She opened her eyes to see that he was pulling her out of the room she suddenly didn't want to leave like she had just seconds before he came in.

"Let go of me," she screamed. She tried to plant her feet but it only made him pull her harder. "Just let me go!" He stopped and whipped around to glare at her.

"Stop fighting me or you won't live long enough for your children to be born," he growled at her. She stopped fighting instantly. She didn't want anything to happen to her children, she would have to find another way to get out of this situation. It was when she finally stopped that she realized that there was a lot of shouting and gunfire all around them. Chaykovsky pulled her faster and faster causing her to stumble. He was mumbling and she couldn't understand much besides, attack and Vincent's name. She couldn't help but get her hopes up that the fighting she was hearing was him coming to rescue her. The thought of Vincent being so close to her made her start fighting again.

As she pulled away from him, she noticed that there was a door that looked like it led to the outside. She decided that was where she would run to when she got free. She twisted her arm that he held before quickly yanking it from his grasp. Turning, she ran toward the door as she yelled for Vincent. As she reached for the door handle a large hand came down on top of hers and she let out a scream.

"Rebecca," she heard Vincent's voice causing her to quickly turn. She threw herself into his arms and started crying. "Shhh, Mi Amore," he whispered into her ear, "I'm here." He pulled away from her and placed his hands on either side of her face bending down so he was eye to eye with her. "Are you okay? The babies?" He asked her. She nodded her head and sniffed.

"We are okay," she whispered just barely loud enough for him to hear her. He placed his forehead against hers and kissed her quick then pulled away again to look at her. Before he could say anything else, they heard a gun cock from behind Vincent. He turned to see Melina with Chaykovsky behind her with a gun pointed at them.

"Isn't that cute," Melina mocked them. "You should just say your goodbyes now. I am over this and we will be ending it right now," she sent them a smirk. "I'll give you a minute," she waved her hands at them. Vincent nodded.

"Okay," he turned sideways and stepped to Rebecca's side so his back wasn't completely turned to his enemies. He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. Rebecca closed her eyes and felt a tear fall. She didn't understand why he was giving up. "My back," he whispered in her ear before turning back toward Melina and Chaykovsky. He moved so he was shielding her completely.

"All done?" Melina asked. Vincent nodded his head and took a step back with his hands raised. Rebecca looked down to take a step back and not trip. When she did, she noticed the gun that was tucked in his pants she grabbed it and tried to quickly remember what he had told her during the lesson he had given her. She took the safety off before stepping out from behind Vincent. She raised her arms pointing it at Chaykovsky. She took a quick breath as she aimed like Vincent had told her to, before shooting him in the shoulder. She watched as he dropped the gun and she heard Melina scream as she turned to look at her father but that didn't stop Rebecca from firing another shot. This time it hit him in the chest right where Vincent had told her the heart was. Another scream came from Melina but Rebecca kept walking toward the man completely ignoring Melina who was begging her to stop. She fired three more shots in his chest. She heard Vincent's voice calling but it sounded far away and she couldn't stop herself.

"Rebecca!" Vincent's voice finally cut through the fog she felt she was in. She turned toward his with the gun still held up. He ducked before wrapping his hands around it. "Mi Amore," he said gaining more of her attention, "He's dead. Give me the gun, please." She felt him lightly tug on the gun and she let go. Suddenly Rebecca realized what just happened and let out a sob before her legs gave out. Vincent caught her easing them both down to the floor. "Hey, you're okay. You're safe," he whispered while one hand rubbed her back and the other ran through her hair.

"I... I killed him?" She asked him with her eyes shut tightly. She needed him to confirm that she and the babies were safe but the reality meant something that she never expected of herself.

"He's dead, Mi Amore. Nothing more to worry about."

"I killed someone!" She cried. "He threatened my babies," she told him as she pulled away from his hold. Vincent's face softened at the realization that she felt like she needed to justify what she had done. He nodded his head and moved the hair that had fallen into her face.

"I know. You did great. You protected our children and both of us," he reassured her. Rebecca nodded as more tears fell down her face.

"Vince, what do you want us to do with her?" Gio's voice broke Vincent's concentration on Rebecca's breakdown. He sighed and looked at his brother who was standing with Domenico they had Melina in between them each with a hand around one of her arms. "We caught her trying to run away." Vincent looked back at Rebecca she was no longer crying but staring at Melina.

"Your queen will decide," he hesitantly said. He was relieved when Rebecca smiled giving him a little nod. She was going to make the best queen. 

I know I know FINALLY! I want to apologize for so long in between the last several chapters and them being so short. I am planning on them getting longer I just really am trying to get them out to you with everything else that is going on right now. I want to say thank you for being patient with me you all rock!