Baby Shower

The baby shower was a month later. Since Rebecca was getting bigger every day and so was Vincent's excessive worrying over her, Lidia agreed that they could have the party at their house. Rebecca wouldn't have to get into a car and drive into town, which made her sick most of the time, and Vincent wouldn't have to send her guards with her before following her to Lidia's apartment anyway. Their place was lager anyway so everyone fit comfortably.

Rebecca thanked everyone that came. She didn't know nearly half of them but she had recognized them from the gender reveal party or from coming to the house with their men on occasions. She was trying hard to get to know every woman and so far, she hadn't had any problems. Nadia had even offered to host a little party that would help with it but Rebecca had told her that she had already thought of that and would hold one as soon as all the baby and wedding craziness was over.

Rebecca loved the change that she had seen in Lidia it was like night and day. Lidia gushed to everyone about how she was going to have a new niece and nephew. She told Rebecca she couldn't wait to spoil them and even fought with Roxy about who would be the favorite aunt. "You both are wrong," Joni piped in, "I will be the favorite because I am the Godmother." This comment had gotten some curious looks from her future sister-in-law's and even Nadia raised a brow before smiling and changing the subject to avoid an uproar. Vincent had told her that traditionally they should pick someone in the life so they would still be raised with the family so they could take their rightful places when the time came but Rebecca convinced him to allow Joni and Isaac to do it.

Roslyn, Rebecca's mother sat down beside her on the couch. "Have you and Vincent decided on any names?" She smiled at her daughter.

"A couple of each but we want them to be surprised for everyone so, we aren't sharing them until they are born," Rebecca gave her mother a sympathetic smile. She knew her mother would want to know so she could start customizing things. Rebecca laughed when she remembered the conversation, she had with her just after the gender reveal. Roslyn had told her that it would be important to make sure the twins felt like they were each their own person. She was a twin so she knew what it felt like. She had told her that the best presents she got were ones with her name on it so that she had something that belonged to just her since her face didn't. Rebecca laughed and told her mother that she would just have to give them a personalized gift then and she agreed.

"They will have to wait longer for their gifts if I don't know their names, Rebecca," Roslyn looked at her sternly. Rebecca just shrugged.

"Sorry, Momma," she kissed her on the cheek before she turned to work her way off the couch.

"Anything?" Sherri, Joni's mother asked Roslyn as she reached down to help Rebecca off the couch. Roslyn stood up and helped also.

"No. She isn't giving the names out until they're born," she threw her hands in the air letting go of the arm she had ahold of. Rebecca fell back on to the couch. She looked up at her mother with a glare arms folded over her chest. "Sorry," her mother said sheepishly. Rebecca shook her head and started to stand up again.

"Don't bother," Lidia stopped in front of her holding a hand out to stop her from standing. "It's time for presents," she smiled. Rebecca nodded and made herself comfortable.

Twenty minutes later, Rebecca had opened enough presents containing clothes for the twins that she would be able to clothe them their whole lives. Most presents also included cards to the soon to be parents. Lidia had asked anyone attending the shower, that was already a parent, leave a tip on their cards. Some were funny, like always check on them when they are quiet. Others were handy like, sleep when they sleep. She was shocked that everyone had been so generous and encouraging since she barely knew them but that was probably because she was to be the queen. She thought the title was weird since Vincent wasn't called the king but she was warming up to it.