Do You Trust Him?

Vincent woke up to someone pounding on the door. He felt Rebecca stir next to him. He sent her a smile as she turned around, opened her eyes and grunted at him. "I'll get it," he told her. He kissed her on her forehead letting his lips linger for longer than normal.

"It's probably the girls," she said pulling away to look into his eyes.

BANG, BANG, BANG

"I'm guessing we can't just ignore them?" Vincent asked her. She laughed and shook her head. "Okay," he sighed before getting up and walking to the front door.

"I knew it!" Joni shouted as soon as she sees Vincent standing in front of her. Vincent opened his mouth to ask her what she was talking about but both girls pushed past him. "Where is Becs?" Joni turned around to look at him before turning around to shout at Rebecca.

"I'm coming," she said as she stomped down the stairs.

"Why was the chain on the door, Becs?" Joni crossed her arms with a look on her face that was angry. It quickly morphed into a smile and then a laugh. Rebecca rolled her eyes.

"Vince locked up last night. I didn't think to tell him I don't use the chain," she shrugged as she walked past her best friend. She waved at Rosalina who was sitting on the couch.

"Why wouldn't I use the chain?" Vincent asked her as he followed her into the kitchen area.

"I don't use it. They all have keys but if the chains on they can't get in," Rebecca told him like it was the most obvious answer in the world and not a big deal at all. Vincent thought different.

"You what?" he nearly shouted. Rebecca rolled her eyes and turned to face him. She handed him a cup for his coffee and moved around him so he could get to the pot. She had remembered the night before to set the timer so that it would be done for him to drink when he woke. "That's not safe, Rebecca," he said to her. Rebecca chose not to respond and walked back to sit in the chair beside the couch that Joni had joined Rosalina on. She heard him sigh and mumble something to himself under his breath. She was sure he was either cursing her or telling himself to get more guards for her place. Either way, she was ignoring it.

"Why aren't you ready?" Rosalina finally spoke.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you serious? Did he put it down so go you forgot?" Rebecca blushed at Rosalina's words. Vincent cleared his throat. It wasn't until Rosalina said this that he realized he was still in nothing but his boxers. He quickly ran up the stairs to put his clothes on. All three girls laughed.

"I thought you said he didn't live here," Joni whispered. She sat back with a smug smirk on her face. Rebecca rolled her eyes.

"He doesn't. He had a rough night last night. We decided to stay in instead of dinner. It got late so, he stayed the night," she watched Joni's smile get wider. "We just slept," she added when she realized what it looked like. Joni looked at her like she didn't believe her.

"It's true," Vincent said as he got to the bottom of the steps. Drawing all their attention to him. Rebecca rolled her eyes but sent him a grateful smile.

"Whatever," Joni rolled her eyes when she realized they were telling the truth. "Anyway. Go get dressed so we can go. I want to pick clothes out for my niece."

"I don't really feel like it today. Plus, it's a little early. We don't even know that it's a girl. It might be a boy." Vincent's head snapped up.

"It is a boy," he stated. He could feel a smile on his face. He liked the idea of them having a boy. Rebecca noticed his smile but said nothing.