War

Two days later, Rebecca was still thinking about everything Lidia said. She had held it together until they had pulled out of the driveway before she burst into tears. Vincent had placed his hand on her thigh to comfort her. He didn't remove it the whole way and he held her hand on the elevator too. But as soon as they got into the apartment, Rebecca shook him off and walked to her old room shutting and locking the door. She spent the rest of the day in there not coming out to even eat no matter how much Vincent begged. The next day she came out but didn't say much unless she was spoken to. Vincent tried hard to get her to talk. To show his love and support, he didn't leave her side for the whole day waiting for her to want to talk or need him for anything else. He apologized for his sisters' words but she didn't want to hear it. She was waiting for him to really think about what Lidia had said and decided that he believed her.

Rebecca was trying to pay attention to the movie that was playing on the couch but Lidia's words kept playing over and over in her head. There wasn't a single time Rebecca had asked Vincent for anything and yet somehow something she was doing told Lidia that she wanted Vincent for his money. She sighed as Vincent walked out of the kitchen with a plate with three pieces of cheesecake, her newest craving.

"Are you alright, Amore?" he asked her as he handed her the plate before sitting down beside her and throwing his arm behind her. She smiled at him. He had been calling her some version of love in Italian since they came home and she appreciated what he was trying to do. She just really hoped it wasn't just because of the baby. "Bella, please. Talk to me," he turned to face her and grabbed the hand that wasn't holding her plate of cheesecake. She looked at him and chewed on her lip.

"Do you believe her?" She asked finally.

"Who? Lidia?" Rebecca nodded her head and looked at her plate. Her want for the cheesecake was fading quick as she waited for his answer. "Of course not," he chuckled. She lifted her head and looked at him.

"Seriously?" She gave him a look that told him that she didn't believe it. "Before we weren't together because of safety and now when a baby is involved, I'm suddenly okay with the danger. You don't find that strange at all?" Her voice raised more with every word. Vincent laughed.

"You are arguing for the wrong side, Amore," he sent her that smile that always got her but this time it didn't work.

"Be serious, Vince," she told him moving to the edge of the couch and putting her plate on the coffee table before turning to look at him in the eye.

"I am being serious," he smiled at her. He realized that she was completely serious and he sighed. He placed his hands on her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. "Rebecca. I know that you are not using me for my money, power, or anything else. Well... Maybe my skills in the bedroom," he smirked and Rebecca knocked his hands off her shoulders. "I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. But seriously, before I know we both were worried about your safety but that was because I was scared. I can and I will protect you and our child."

"I know that. That's not what I am worried about anymore."

"Look I love you, and I know you feel that same. So, stop worrying about what my stupid sister says. It's not good for my son," he placed his hand on her stomach. She rolled her eyes.

"What are you going to do when it's a girl?" She smirked at him.

"It's not," he shrugged and sat back on the couch. Rebecca laughed and laid back to cuddle up in Vincent's arms. He ran his hand up and down her back enjoying the feeling of relaxing with her in his arms. He smiled thinking about how much she had him feeling. He never thought this would happen but he couldn't be happier that it had. "Has Roxy contacted you about shopping yet?" He asked her after a while. She nodded her head.