It's Called a Transducer Probe

Two days later Vincent was sitting in a waiting room with Rebecca bouncing his knee up and down nervously. Rebecca placed her hand on his leg to stop his bouncing.

"Calm down," she whispered to him. He smiled at her and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry. I am just excited," he told her. He placed his hand on top of her and smiled when she didn't pull away. He thought about lacing their fingers together but decided not to push his luck.

"Rebecca," the nurse called from a door to their left. Vincent stood up pulling Rebecca with him. She smiled at the nurse before she turned for them to follow her. The nurse led them to a room with a bed and began to ask her questions. Rebecca answered them like she knew why they were asking each question., making sure to answer the follow-up questions before they were asked. Vincent felt like he was seeing Rebecca in her element almost and it made him smile.

When the nurse left the room, Vincent looked at Rebecca with the biggest smile that he could. He wanted to ask her to move in with him. He wanted to insist he wanted to make her his but instead, he bit the inside of his lip and smiled. The door opened and he looked away from her and toward the door as a woman walked in. She was about as tall as Rebecca but nearly the opposite in looks. She had stick straight platinum blonde hair, eyes that were the brightest blue and her skin was much darker than her.

"Hi, Rebecca," the women smiled toward Rebecca before turning toward Vincent. "You must be dad?" she extended her hand for him to shake. "I'm Doctor Smith. But please call me Sandy. I absolutely adore Becca and it's an honor to be your doctor."

"It's very nice to meet you," Vincent shook her hand before placing it back behind Rebecca.

"So, Becca. You said when we talked before that you are about eight weeks along?" Rebecca nodded her head. "Okay well let's take a look why don't we?" Sandy moved the ultrasound machine closer to the bed Rebecca was sitting on and pulled the ECG gel out, "I don't have to tell you this will be cold," she said to Rebecca who nodded and pulled her shirt up. When Sandy pulled out the probe out Vincent's hand shot out and he grabbed her by the wrist. Rebecca's head shot to the side with a raised brow.

"Vince. It's okay," she reached for his hand and pulled it away from Sandy's. Sandy looked between them wondering what was happening. "I promise it won't hurt the baby," Rebecca tried to soothe Vincent's worry. "It's called a transducer probe generates and receives sound waves so we can see and hear the baby," she sent him a reassuring smile holding back her laughter. Vincent nodded and took a step back.

"I apologize, Doctor Smith. Sandy," he smiled and looked at Rebecca for her to reconfirm that it was okay. She nodded her head before turning to look at Sandy again.

Sandy chose to not comment. Rebecca had warned her beforehand that Vincent could be a little protective and intense. She flipped the screen on and placed the probe on her stomach. She moved it around a little before finally hearing a heartbeat.

Vincent looked at Rebecca with wide eyes. "Is that?" he couldn't finish his question because he felt himself choke up. Smiling, Rebecca nodded at him and grabbed his hand, lacing their fingers together. Vincent moved so he was as close as he could get and looked at the screen. Sandy was pointing a different spot and saying something but he couldn't hear anything except his child's heartbeat. He looked back at Rebecca and didn't think twice as he leaned forward and placed his lips on hers with force.

She kissed him back and felt a tear fall down her cheek. She was so happy; she didn't even think twice about the kiss. Vincent pulled away and wiped the tear just before it reached her top lip. Rebecca could see that Vincent had tears threatening to fall but she said nothing as he blinked them away.