Big Sister's Problem

Vincent woke up the next morning with Rebecca in his arm. He felt such relief that she had agreed to move in. He planned to talk to her about which of the extra rooms she wanted to be turned into the nursery for the baby. He would even give up his office if she wanted, although, he didn't like the idea of the baby sleeping that far from them. He stared at her while she slept for a few minutes before deciding to get up and make her some breakfast.

Vincent was adding the tenth pancake to the stack when Domenico walked into the kitchen. "Morning, Boss."

"Dom. Do you not knock anymore?" Vincent asked his cousin. He didn't really care he was in too good of a mood to let anything bother him.

"Sorry," Domenico held up his hands in surrender. "Why the hell are you making so much food?" He asked looking around the counters noticing eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles and french toast. He picked a grape out of the bowl of fruit that was in front of him and threw it into his mouth.

"Don't pregnant women eat a lot?" Vincent furrowed his brows. Had he made too much? Before Domenico had a chance to answer his question, the kitchen door opened and Rosalina walked in. She sighed looking at her phone before putting it in the back pocket of her jeans.

"Morning, Vince," she greeted. "Any chance you know where my lovely best friend and maid of honor is? I have been calling her all morning and she isn't answering." She sent Vincent a knowing look but waited for the answer.

"She is still sleeping," Vincent said continuing to cook as if it was nothing new. Rosalina bounced up and down clapping her hands.

"Did she agree to move in?" Vincent nodded his head not even trying to hide the smile that graced his face.

Rebecca walked into the kitchen wearing only Vincent's black button-up shirt that reached the top of her knees. "Morning," she said as she walked toward Vincent.

"Sleeping beauty. You look like someone put it down last night," Rosalina winked at her. Rebecca rolled her eyes before turning to smile at Vincent. She placed a kiss on his lips.

"Did you sleep okay?" He asked her. She nodded before turning to their guests.

"You guys joining us for breakfast?"

"There isn't enough," Vincent mumbled beside her causing her to look at his and raising her brow.

"There is plenty," she motioned toward all the food Vincent had made. "Who were you planning on eating all of this?"

"You are eating for two," he told her. Rebecca laughed. When she sobered, she sent him a smile and shook her head.

"I can't eat all this," she told him. "They are staying." She turned and grabbed a plate in each hand and walked out of the dining room. Everyone grabbed what they could and followed her.

As they sat down at the table, Domenico sent Vincent a look that Rebecca caught but didn't know what it meant. "I think this is the first time you have ever eaten at the dining table, Vince," Domenico said. Vincent rolled his eyes. He knew what Domenico was getting at. When they were growing up, they always ate every meal as a family at the dining room table. It was his mother's rule and she insisted that he get a table when he moved into the penthouse. He never saw the point because without a family he didn't need a table to eat at with them. Now he was going to have a family and he was glad that his mother had been so insistent.

Rebecca watched the two men exchange looks at one another across the table. She wondered what the comment and the look was about. Why was it a big deal for them to be eating at the table? Did it have something to do with an ex or someone like that?