Chapter 5

Hey guys. Ryan is going to tell his whole story to Brendon in the next couple of chapters, but I'll write it like it's happening at this moment. For example:

NOT: "My father hated me"

But: "I hate you Ryan!" My father screams to me.

Okay I hope you understand what I mean with this and otherwise you'll find out.

Enjoy this chapter!! Xx

Ryan

"Ryan? Do you want to come to my house? We can bake cookies together!" Thomas, my best friend, asks me. He's four, which means I am one year older than him. I like it to be older than him. But playing at his house? I bite my lips. What will daddy think of that? He always wants me to come straight home after school. I never played at someone else's house. But if I just explain that I baked cookies he won't get mad, right? Maybe I can take a few home so he can taste them! Yeah that's a good idea!

"Okay Thomas!" I say happily and Thomas smiles. We run towards his mother who's waiting for Thomas.

"Mommy? Can Ryan and I bake cookies together? Please please please?" Thomas says and pouts. His mother, Christina, starts to laugh and nods.

"Of course you can! Ryan, are your parents okay with that too?" Christina asks and I freeze.

"I... I don't have a mom." I whisper quietly.

"Oh... Gosh I'm so sorry Ryan. What happened to her?"

"Daddy says she left us when I was three weeks old..." I say. Christina strokes my hair and smiles to me reassuringly.

"But is daddy okay with it if you come to our house." She asks then, and I nod. We walk to the car and drive to their house.

~Time lapse~

"Daddy I'm home!" I smile when I walk into our house. No answer.

"Daddy?" I walk to the living room and place the cookies on the table. I look around and walk to the kitchen. There he is. He sits on the floor with a bottle of wine in his hands. Nothing unusual. I walk over to him and hug him.

"Hi daddy I'm home! Thomas and I baked cookies! I brought some for you and-"

"Shut the fuck up, Ryan." My dad growls. I freeze and look at him. Why did he say that? Why isn't he happy that I made him cookies? Doesn't he like cookies?

He stands up and puts the empty bottle away and stares at me for a few seconds.

"I told you to come straight home. George Ryan Ross. You didn't. For some stupid cookies?"

"They're not stupid cookies!" I scream and start to cry in confusion. Why is my dad acting so strange? He has been drunk before, I'm used to that, but today he's acting really strange.

He narrows his eyes.

"You shouldn't have said that, Ryan." He says angrily. He walks over to me, lifts me in the air. For a moment I thought he is going to hug me, but then my father throws me on the floor. I scream when I hit the floor and sob. My dad walks over to me and kicks me against my back, making me scream and cry in pain and fear.

Why is daddy doing this to me? He loves me, right? You don't hurt the people you love!

"I fucking hate you, little piece of shit! You're the reason your mother left me! I tried to raise you without thinking you ruined my life, but it doesn't work. You did ruin my life! And now you're disobeying me too? Oh no... I don't think so!" He screams and kicks me again. I scream and try to crawl away, but I can't... I'm trapped between my dad and a corner...

He kicks me again... and again... and again...

When he's finally finished, I'm nothing more than a crying mess on the floor, unable to move. My dad walks away and leaves me alone.

Why?