14

I groggily rubbed my eyes looking at the time, it was 10:30 AM..shit was I late for breakfast? I groaned plopping back down on the bed.

"Hey, you're up..." Na Eun gave me a small smile walking up to the side of the bed. Her tone seemed dull, almost less exciting. I raised my eyebrow, "Are you sick?"

"Me? No.." she shook her head with wide eyes. "Why?" I shrugged, "You sound...down."

Na Eun clicked her tongue giving me a teasing grin, "Aye noo...I'm fine. You willing to get up. You just skipped breakfast."

"Oh yeah, oops," I giggled knocking my head. "Now what?"
"Maybe cook something...." Na Eun said. "Come on I'd help you!"

I nodded pulling myself out of the bed.

The day was bright but for some reason everyone seemed so down. Yoongi was agitated and tense. Jin and Namjoon just passed me apologetic smiles whenever I looked at them, Jimin was surprisingly being cheeky, Taehyung did his best to ignore me and Na Eun was obviously hiding something.

"Y/N?" someone called. Taehyung and Jin snapped their heads from the chess board to look as if the address was for them. I turned and looked at a smily Jungkook appearing in his perfect denim jeans and a black tea shirt. I waved, "Hi."

"Hey, did you eat?" he asked sitting down next to me.

To explain the setting, the professor had said it's best to begin with our search now so BTS, Na Eun and I planned to gather up in Jin and Namjoon's room for the work. It basically was the biggest room allotted since not only Jin was the like the richest kid in school but also he and Namjoon were head councils.

I was sitting down on a couch with Yoongi and Na Eun sandwiched between us. Jin and Taehyung were on the carpet pleasing themselves with board games. Hoseok and Namjoon on the bed arguing on the topics and Jungkook...being smily. Jimin wasn't here and thank lord!

"No, I was up late..." I shrugged fixing my glasses going back to work. He stared at me for a while and Na Eun noticed, "Do you not have your work to do?"

"Let's grab something to eat, I didn't eat either." Jungkook offered tapping my arm. Yoongi huffed leaving the couch pulling Na Eun along.
I watched them leave with confusion, are they acting too weird..wait is it because I'm here?

"I don't feel like eating.." I told Jungkook who frowned, he's acting like a total baby. That's adorable, the way his thin lips can curl up into a pout exposing that mole on his chin and his puffed cheeks.

"But you're soo skinny," Jungkook whined poking my arm, he cupped my non-existent bicep outlining the circumference and then he raised the C form up to me, "This is how lean your arm is..."

"Oh brother..." I heard Namjoon mumble that made me chuckle. Jungkook noticed but planned to ignore it.

"Y/N come it, otherwise I am not eating!"

By now Jungkook was up on his feat holding my arm trying to pull me up, I groaned lightly putting away my laptop and standing up.

"That's more like it!" he cheered holding up my arm in victory, I laughed.

"Flirt elsewhere please!" Yoongi taunted throwing us a get lost look.

"Let's go!" Jungkook grinned interlocking our fingers before pulling me out of the suite.

I followed Jungkook as he walked towards the kitchen area, we were strolling side by side in silence with Jungkook holding onto my hand. His fingers tangled with mine and his thumb caressing my skin. I mean not that I mind the contact, it was actually appalling.
Since I'd never been close to guys I had no idea what this skin ship and touchiness feels like, and for Jungkook to be the first guy I'm being this close to, I felt comfort. Because I trusted him.

"Do you think the others are acting weird?" I asked as we entered the kitchen. It was plane and vacant cause duh who the heck cooks for themselves on a trip?

"You're just opening up to Bangtan sweetie, you have no clue how weird we'd get...They'd get I mean," he chuckled letting go of my hand that was burning off his touch.

Sweetie? That's the first time anyone had called me that except my father. An un-invited smile crept on my face as I watched Jungkook shuffle the cabinets.

"Ramen! You want?" I nodded walking up to him to take the packet but he pulled it away.

"Okay, really what are you doing?" I asked slopping my shoulders with a tired smile. Jungkook gave me a teasing smile flexing his arm high taking the packet off my reach.

"Jungkoooook," I whined standing on my tip toes to grab the packet from him but he was far too tall. Driven by my thrive, I kept on forcing myself higher to grab it but hey, there is only too much weight a small pad of toes handle and soon I felt tipsy and ready to fall.

But would that be possible? Because I had Jeon Jungkook in front of me. He was quick in wrapping his arm around my waist pulling me firmly up against him before I landed on my but. My heart skipped a beat, our faces...so damn close that I felt his breath tickle my nose, he stared down at me with his black dark orbs as if he were studying me. I gulped, having being that old school girl, being this close to a guy was not in my dictionary.

"I'll do the cooking..." he whispered, "Okay?"

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU JUNGKOOK!
YOU ARE STARING DEEP INTO MY SOULD MAKING ME MELT AT THAT EYE INTIMATING LOOK AND THAT STUPID SMIRK, ARE YOU REALLING THINKING I'D SAY NO?!

I nodded feeling his grip loosen up. Before his hand completely strode of my waist Jungkook slid his hand into mine giving it a light squeeze.

I closed my eyes taking in a deep breath the second he turned away to a stove, what the hell is wrong with everyone today?
Moreover, what the heck is up with him?
Why is he being so touchy?

Oh wow Y/N, such bright thoughts. He'd probably be doing that to every girl, this is how the 'Yo!' kids do it these days, having your heart flutter at such intimating acts by boys and deluding yourself into thinking they are interested was something way back in the 90's

Wake up honey, it's 2019.
Wake up to the fact that guys like Jeon Jungkook aren't interested in introvert old-schoolers like you, so stop fooling yourself Y/N.

~~END OF CHAPTER~~