35

"So what are you going to do? About your parents I mean...." Na Eun asked nervously walking behind me as we crossed the boulevard.

I bit my lip looking down at the carved gravel kicking the tiny pebbles in my way, I knew I couldn't go back there. Leaving home was always the first thing in my to-do list. Currently, I am what you rightfully term as homeless. People who don't have a home, or a relative to go to. It's true, no family of mine is here in Seoul. I sighed trying to ignore Na Eun's question hoping she'd leave the topic.

"Y/N? Do you have money?" she asked picking up her pace to walk right by my side. I shook my head shrugging my shoulders casually. She blinked at me in surprise before looking straight ahead.

"You're really willing to survive like that?"

I could sense the disbelief in her voice.

"Yeah, I mean what's wrong with that?"

"Like you are being this casual so you must have some backup," she chuckled nervously holding onto the floral shrug hanging down her frail shoulders preventing it from flying off.

"I don't."

Na Eun paused, "Y/N, you can't be serious right now!"

Feeling the compulsion to stay by her side, I paused as well. Right now more than anything I wanted to have someone with me, someone I can talk to, use them as a donor of comfort, to vent out my anger, to share my feelings, to restrain misery.

"I'm being as serious as I can be Na Eun, I don't have any money, I don't have my phone, I don't have any accessories with me..... I just have me."

I smiled at her. Na Eun on the other hand looked like she was about to cry, "Sometimes I think this happens to you because you like to suffer....." she said quietly batting her eyes preventing tears from falling.

Now I smiled, not masking my pain but being genuine. She cared for me, I could see it. She really is an amazing friend.

"Come on...I'd be fine! I'll get some job and make some bucks," I said casually trotted over to her and interlocking our arms. Na Eun laughed, "It's easy for you to say, looks like you aren't a pampered kid."

I nodded, "Yep, judge by my walk and talk."

"Sorry but..I hate your mom!" she spat. I laughed feeling happy to have someone share their genuine opinion, "He said that too."

"Jungkook?"

I nodded. Na Eun smiled, "You think of him often.."

"Not really," I lied playing with the charm bracelet on Na Eun's wrist.

"I wasn't asking Y/N, I was stating...besides there is no use in denying, it's way too obvious."

Yeah well it's not a good thing!

"My parents never spoiled me... I never got any fancy gifts, never had birthday parties, bed-time stories, yummy lunch boxes and stuff. I was kept very reserved. That's why I wasn't exposed to outsiders, that's why I was homeschooled. I spent most of my time reading books or doing homework, guess that's why I'm smart..." I laughed lightly unveiling my adorned childhood to a silent Na Eun. She was listening very carefully, every now and then she'd turn to give me a sorry look and then look away with a sort of sympathic regret or guilt

"I never socialized with people, at first it was sort of hard to see my age mates enjoy facilities that I was never given. Bathing in jewels and fancy dresses, even when these things were never on my wish list, you just really want to fit in..no matter what it takes."

Na Eun nodded.

"Being treated like trash never upset me. Guess that's why I....."

My feet immediately refused to carry on forward, Na Eun looked at me with concern, "That's why what?"

"...That's why I grew to like Jungkook."

Na Eun pulled me along to a nearby bench where we sat down. I stared at a distant tree rewinding the past in my head, painful yet treasured memories.

"He..he paid attention to me, showed concern to me when no one else was there to check on me. He protected me, became my friend when I was blended in...he found you for me too..."

Na Eun smiled grabbing my hand and squeezing it lightly. I smiled batting my eyes, fighting the tears.

"A man like that...how can you label it as fake?"

"It's just what I heard Na Eun."

"Listen to me again when I..."

"Na Eun!" I interrupted giving him a sharp look, I didn't mean to offend her, but I was not hearing her defense either, "If Jungkook really is clean, he should be the one defending himself not you."

She was shunned silent and nodded understandingly. "Just to clear up, he didn't send me here, I came by myself."

I nodded squeezing her hand lightly, "I know."

She smiled at me, "Hey I have an idea..why don't you live with me for some time being?"

"What?" I asked, I was knocked off guard by her words, living with her? And her brother? Who is like Jungkook's BFF #1? No thanks.

If I have to get over him, forget him, getting rid of his thought, the last thing I needed was to see him. That's why I had been skipping classes, or sitting far away from him where his eyes won't find me.

"Yes I mean we'd have little parlor dates, we'd go to the movies, hit the mall, go clubbing with of course under Namjoon oppa's cu...."

"You live with them?"

"No, I mean Taehyung does but I stay in with mom and dad." She smiled.

Sweet relief, but I can't burden her like that.

"Y/N...I really want you to come with me.."

I smiled bumping her shoulder lightly, "Chill girl, I'd move in with my granny instead."

"Wow, you chose an older lady over me, geez thanks!" she snorted jokingly making the two of us crackle up.

"Where does she live though?" she asked once we calmed down.

"She lives in Busan."

~~END OF CHAPTER~~