19

I felt the burn of heat swipe my body as the moonlight fell in through the window. Damn, my head...it was pounding like crazy, oh right..that's what happens when I cry myself to bed.

I tried to shift a bit but there was something holding me, or like someone. At first I panicked. The moonlight was there but the room was still dark enough for me to see. I was being held by a pair of strong arms. Raising my head every so slightly, my eyes trying to examine who this person was...it soon clicked on one person, Jungkook.

The only guy who ever held me this way, with such care and strength at the same time. One of his arm was draped around my waist while the other wrapped securely around my shoulder cuddling me to his chest. His chin was resting on the top of my head, I could feel the steady rise and fall of his chest with the rhythm of his breath and the beating of his heart under my ear.
He was the only guy who ever got this close to me, the only guy I'd ever allow to get this close to me.

I sighed closing my eyes again, feeling the throbbing of my head weight my eyes. I wrapped my arm around his stomach finding comfort, which is very odd.
You see I'm not the sort of person very open to physical touch. Hugging, allowing someone to wrap their arm around me, allowing someone to kiss me, I don't let anyone that far.
But I guess, Jungkook had crossed all my boundaries in ways I didn't or never realized.

On the first day, when I met him, he held my hand. I allowed a guy who hadn't even get to know me that well hold my hand. When he saved me from that bastard, I sat on his freaking LAP when he comforted me. Why? Why was he doing this? More importantly why was I allowing him to do this?

No matter what it was, no matter how it was, I was absolutely comfortable with Jungkook. No matter what he'd do to me, no matter what sort of a person he was, I trusted him. I knew he'd never hurt me, I knew he'd never break my trust.

I opened my eyes feeling Jungkook's hand caress my hair lightly, my heart beat picked up, was he awake?

He tightened his grip around me pulling me closer to him, if that's even possible. And then I felt it, something warm, like almost a little brush on top of my head...did he, kiss me?

No no no! What the hell Y/N?!

"Are you awake?" Jungkook said in a low and raspy tone, oh god that sounded so...sexy!

"Y-yeah," I stuttered still under a slight affect of our situation. I mean I cried myself to sleep, in his arms, I woke up tangled with his body, and perhaps even received a little kiss; yeah we're NOT talking about that!

"How do you feel?" he asked stroking my hair lightly, I felt his fingers caress my scalp sending tickles down my spine. His voice, it sounded so grim and husky, so heavy like he had just gone through a bad throat. It gave me goosebumps, how had I not noticed how intimidating he was before?

"I feel okay," I nodded. Jungkook chuckled pulling away to look down at me, his eyes were dark. I could see in them a vivid reflection of me, they had sparkles like a midnight sky, full of dark beauty.

"Okay is not good enough Y/N," he said bringing his had down from my head to the side of my face. He spread his fingers grazing my skin under his soft touch, "You still upset?"

"Not after last night.." I blurted immediately pursing my lips later when realization hit me like a truck, did I just FLIRT WITH HIM!

"Really?" Jungkook smiled shyly leaning his forehead against mine. Our faces were inches apart. On every breath when my body heaved, our noses brushed erupting a blush on my cheeks that were already ablaze by his fingers that were caressing my skin.

"Y-yeah, thanks for hearing me out." I said breaking the eye contact.

"If that made you feel better..." Jungkook mumbled pulling me back into his embrace returning to place his chin on top of my head.

"Are you going to sleep?" I asked. My reflex responded to his intimacy by urging me to wrap my arm back around his torso but I resisted...what the hell is he doing to me?

"No, I just like holding you close." He said smoothly. I gulped feeling the heat rush on my face, having me close? He likes to hold me close to him? "Me too."

WHAT THE LITERAL HELL! Shit's getting out of hand...I instantly pulled myself away from him sitting up straight.

"Y/N?" he asked following my action. I could feel the worry in his voice but I felt far too humiliated.

It's as if, my hold body acts against it's allegiance to my mind, doing things on it's own, saying things on it's own. I covered my face with my palms letting out a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked scooting closer to me, he placed his hand on my arm trying to make me look at him. No Y/N resist, where is your resistance?!

"Y/N look at me," he said far more sternly, he shifted his hands to mine gentling pulling them away from my face. "Jungkook stop.." I started trying to have him away from me, before I end up saying stuff I'm really not supposed to.

"What happened, talk to me!" He demanded clutching my hands in his pulling me closer, I could see the worry in his deer like eyes, staring deep inside of me, as if I was an open book he could read.

"I-I'm scared of getting this close to people," I confessed looking away. Jungkook tilted his head, falling in curiosity, "Why?"

"Because...because no one is honest!" I said, "No one is sincere, they end up hurting you..."

"You think I'd do that, you think I'm one of them?"

"Then who are you?" I asked looking back at him. "Who are you and how much do you know me, why are you being so nice when others pretend I'm not even there!"

"Because you're not just a somebody Y/N, you're way more.." he said softly bringing my hands closer to his chest. His one hand was enough to grip my slender wrist, it was like he's demanding me to look at him, to stay close... I sighed.

"Jungkook, what are you trying to do?" I asked, "Do you like me or something?"

His face fell, and so did my heart. A momentary silence fell between us, where he just looked at me and I looked at him. I was scared, scared for his rejection and scared for his acceptation. At this point I had no idea what I wanted, because right now, I was too busy figuring out what he wanted.

~~END OF CHAPTER~~