3

When Roads Split
••• HONEY •••

Why? Why? Why?

"Honey, calm down. He doesn't know anything." Sam said calmly trying to jump start my dead shocked heart.

"It will be fine. They are just performing and then be on their way." Somin reassures me.

I saw Emily eye me from across the room with worry. I nod, plastering a smile on my face, showing her I'm okay as she was called to attention for the performance.

She didn't have to worry about me having a complete meltdown. She should be enjoying her wedding day.

•••JIMIN•••

The spot light turned on as we stood in the middle of the stage. Our heads down, our hands crossed on our chest, my heart beating fast. So fast that I can feel my hands shaking.

It's okay, Jimin. This is just another performance of BTS. No big deal.

But it is a big deal. It's Jackson's wedding and I don't want to mess anything up.

The music starts and I start singing;

"When you say that you love me

Nan haneul wireul geotne

Yeongwoneul malhaejwo

Just one more time..."

•••HONEY•••

I took a bottle of water and I kept sipping it through out the whole performance, keeping my eyes away from the stage. I didn't want to look at him, or see him at any cost.

"Damn. They are all so fine..." Sam observed.

I couldn't see the others, honestly, my eyes didn't leave his face once.

Even now, like back then, I couldn't concentrate on anyone or anything when he was on stage. I was absorbed in everything he was doing. It was as if the moment Jimin was within close vicinity, my mind and heart began to fight each other- not knowing they wanted the same thing.

Him.

•••JIMIN•••

After performing at Jackson's wedding, all of the members got the chance to say their greetings, until it was my turn.

"Jackson hyung is the funniest, kindest, most loving hyung I have ever met." I started. " He is the most husband like, hyung, in which you can rely on him at all times. I know he will love you, Emily noona, with all his heart. I know he will give up his life for you. That's how much he loves you."

"Thank you, Jimin." Jackson interrupted.

"Hyung, please be good to Emily noona. She deserves all the happiness in life. Please don't give her a hard time." I smiled and my eyes disappeared into a small line. I heard whispers from the audience saying 'he's so cute', 'he's so handsome', and stuff. But I did not pay much attention because it's Jackson's and Emily's moment today. Not mine. I will not steal the spotlight from the lovebirds. I must not ruin it for them. "Congratulations again on your wedding. I wish you all the best!"

•••HONEY•••

"Honey, it's been 4 years, why can't he know he has a son and take some freaking responsibility?!" Sam asks, folding her arms. .