6

Chances, and more Chances
••• JIMIN •••

"Hyung, this part here is where you kick, and 'oh my, my, my..." Hoseok made the corrections as Seokjin practices our songs for our next schedule. "Then, oh, my, my, my. Then dan, dan, so fast then switch position. Oh my, my, my..."

The music and Hoseok's voice plays softly behind me.

"So, you met her the other night, huh?" Taehyung opened the door of the office and he sat beside me, as I monitor myself on my phone.

I looked at him and gave him a small smile, "I did."

"You sound disappointed." He playfully punched my chest. I lock my phone and played with it in my hand. "It didn't go well, I see?"

"Well..." I said before sitting up straight, my phone still in my hand, "I didn't get to actually talk to her."

I look down to my phone and released a sigh. "She ran away... Again."

"She's not ready yet, Jimin." Taehyung looked at me with so much care and worry. "Give her some more time. It has been a long time since you, two, had some real talk and discuss things."

I gave him a soft smile before answering, "Yea. But, at the same time, she didn't give me an answer before we parted ways, 4 years ago."

"Well, maybe, you just have to give her another chance." Taehyung advised.

"I will. I just don't want to waste another chance that she won't take advantage of. It would be such a waste, you know?"

"You still love her, don't you?" He asked.

"Of course, I do." The thought of loving her never left me, even when we broke up. There was always a space for her in my heart. "No doubt about that."

"You will give how many ever chances you can, so long as you love the person. You told me that before." He said.

"I did, didn't I?" I chuckle.

"Well, then. There's your answer." I lifted my gaze from my hands to Taehyung and smiled.

"Thanks, man!" I thanked Tae, and gave him a playful punch on the shoulder. He gives me back a smile.

"Okay, everyone. Our schedules have just been set. It's going to be busy for the next few months." Teacher Sungdeok calls everyone's attention as he entered the practice room.

He calls us with a gesture to come out to the open space, "We start our official practice and training in two weeks. You have the next few days to rest and gather all your energy and have fun outside work. Maybe even go on vacation and come back refreshed and energized. What do you, guys, think?"

Namjoon lifted his hand, "Can we visit our friends, in that case?"

"Of course. Use those days to have fun and enjoy work-free life." Teacher suggested.

Everyone claps before cheering, "Okay! Yes! Let's go!"

After a couple more rounds of work out, we headed back home to rest. Namjoon interrupted the silence in the van, "Yah! Should we go to Jackson's place and hangout? I heard they're back this Friday."

"Really? That would be great, since we won't be able to see him again for the next 3 months or so." Seokjin agreed.

"Jimin did promise him that we will hang out together when we come back to Korea." Namjoon said while he texted Jackson about the plan. "I'll tell him we're going to their place Friday morning."

"Here comes 'chance', Jimin. It's knocking at your doors, my friend. Don't let it go to waste again." Tae whispered and looked at me playfully. I smiled at the thought of seeing her again.

It's only been a few days yet, I'm already missing her. Even if she kept avoiding me during Jackson's wedding, at least I got to see her beautiful face again.

"Wanna go for a few drinks before heading home?" Yoongi suggested half way through the drive and we all agreed.

We drove straight to the barbeque house and ordered our food and drinks.

"Can I visit my family in Busan, hyung?" Jungkook asks the leader while I poured soju in his shot glass.

"Of course, you can. When do you plan to go?" Namjoon asks.

"Well, Jackson hyung isn't back until Friday. So, can I go tomorrow and spend a couple of days there?" Jungkook explained innocently.

"Sure. Just be sure to be back by Thursday night. I've already let Jackson know and he has already talked to his wife about our visit." Namjoon reminded the younger one.

"Yes, hyung. Copy that!" Jungkook replied with a salute.

"Cha! For our few days of being free." Seokjin suddely suggested a toast. Everyone lifted our glasses and toasted.

We laughed and talked about our work and so on, when Hoseok brought up a different topic out of nowhere. "Hey, what do you guys think of Somin?"

Everyone's attention was on him and we can clearly see his rose flushed face. And we know what that means, right away.

"Oh! Someone is in love." Jin teased Hoseok, gaining an 'oh' from the rest of the members. Hoseok just sat there and looked down at his glass while his face says all the answer.

"Did you get her number?" I asked. He shook his head sideways indicating a 'no'. He pouts his lips in disappointment.

"Eh, hyung. Why didn't you get her number?" Taehyung added to his frustration. "I can offer some help for free."

"Shut it, Kim Taehyung!" Yoongi objected. "You don't even have a girlfriend, yet you want to help Hoseok with his 'girl' problem?"

We all laughed at Yoongi's remark. Which is actually true. Taehyung is a handsome fella, but he has not even introduced one girl to his family nor to us. How is he supposed to help Hoseok on this one?

After a few more drinks and talking and laughing, we decided to head home and get some rest.

I couldn't close my eyes for the rest of the night, yet the rest of the members are fast asleep. Hoseok sleeps like a baby on his bed in our shared room.

There were too many things in my mind, not allowing me to sleep. I decided to get my phone and text Jackson about our planned farewell party for Seokjin and Yoongi.

Hyung, did you gather any ideas
about the farewell party
for Seokjin and Yoongi hyung?

Yoongi?
Him too?

Yea- you forgot, didn't you?

No- of course not!
Why would I forget about
Yoongi? 😅

Good- well? Any ideas?
Please share...

Well...

Hmmn?

I don't have any...

What?!
It's fine...
You're with your wife,
So I understand

Thank you, but...
I know a friend who can help

And who is this
friend of yours?

You remember
Honey, right?

In the back of my mind, I said; "Of course, I do. How could I possible forget the love of my life..."