13

The Past
••• JIMIN •••

Why do I feel so betrayed?

Why does my heart ache so much?

Why does this feel worse than when she broke up with me?

Should I ask him, or not?

Should I ask her, or not?

I ruffled my hair in despair to find the right answers.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Jihyun asks as he keeps his eyes on the news report on the tv. "You're not yourself since last night. What's going on?"

He turns to face me, setting down his hot chocolate on the table and crosses his arms over his chest. "Come on. Spill."

I look at him and gulped a lump of saliva before opening my lips to speak.

"Jimin, you know you can tell us everything, right?" My mom comes out of the kitchen with a bowl in one hand and a whisk on the other.

I hesitate.

"It's about Honey."

Jihyun gasps at the mention of her name. Over exaggerating, I say. "Are you going to ask her to marry you?"

"Ha ha ha. Funny. Very funny." I sarcastically laughed. "No. We're not at that point yet. We haven't even got back together."

"Then what is it?"

"I've met her again after so long. And you know how she broke up with me without a good reason?" My mother sits on the couch beside Jihyun. Both of their eyes anticipating for the next words that will come out of my mouth. "Well.... I saw her with Taehyung."

"And? What about it?" Jihyun asks with zero interest.

"What do you mean, 'what about it'? She's seeing Taehyung without even telling me." I explained, annoyed.

"And why would she have to tell you?"

"Sweetie, I'm sure she has a reason." My mother followed, resting a hand on mine. "Everything has a reason in this world, darling."

"But, mom, Jihyun. I... I..." My lips have a hard time saying it today. But my heart knows, "I love her. And that never changed through the years. Even when she said she stopped loving me, I still love her."

"Then, why don't you tell her that?" Jihyun has a point. "Why don't you tell her you love her? You still love her."

"It's not that easy."

"Let's go eat for now, shall we? I'm starving." My mother called out. When did she even sneak out to the kitchen?

Even if Honey looks happy when Taehyung is around, I still have a slight shed of hope that she still has feelings for me. I know, it sounds crazy. But, that's all I have. I can't loose it now.

••• JIMIN's MOTHER •••

••• Flashback ••

"Oh my god!" I started to tear up while Honey covers her face with one hand and the other on her stomach. "Does Jimin know of this, yet?"

She shakes her head sideways. "I don't want him to know, mom."

"Why not?" My husband asks. "He has the right to know, my dear."

"I can't- I'll only ruin his career. The baby and I will only ruin his life if I tell him." She sobs. Her face covered in tears. "I can't do that to him, dad, mom."

My heart ached at the sight of Honey in front of me. My heart tells me to side with Honey. And go with her decision not to tell Jimin about the baby. But my mind says otherwise.

What am I supposed to do now?

"Honey, dear." I rest my hands on hers and looked at her in the eyes. "I'll let you make the decision. We both know what is best for Jimin and the baby."

"We will support whatever your decision will be." My husband continues.

"Just, please don't forget that we are here for you no matter what. You are always welcome in this house. You are already part of the family." I gave her a smile to ease the pain that she's feeling, somehow. "Especially now that a new member of the family will be welcomed soon."

"Mom, dad." She finally opens her lips. "I would like to name the baby JP. After his father. It's the least I can do for Jimin right now."

Her tears didn't stop flowing down her cheeks.

As a mother, I can relate with what she's going through.

As much as I would like them to stay together, maybe this will be best. For now.

"So, what will be your plan?" My husband asks, breaking the tension surrounding us at the moment.

Honey looks down and fidgets with her fingers before answering, "I'm going to move to Seoul and stay with my friends for now, dad. Or just until JP is born."

"We'll send support for JP. Just let us know what you both need, okay?" I suggested. "Please accept this offer, Honey."

She smiles and gave me a gentle nod. "Thank you mom, dad. I'm sorry for the bother."

"Don't say that! You are never a bother to us." I pulled her to give her a hug. "You are family. And we are here to help and support you and our grandson. That's what families do."

"I'll talk to Jimin later at their dorm. Please don't let him know of the truth." She pleaded and we gave her a nod of agreement.

•••

"Jimin! Jihyun! Time to go!" I call out to the boys as they walk side by side at the beach. They run towards us just like when they were still small.

"Did we make the right decision 4 years ago?" I ask my husband as I rest my head on his chest. My heart worried so much. Our arms around each other's waists. "Are we wrong to hide the truth from Jimin?"

"I trust Honey with her decision. She knows what she's doing."

I look at him at ge did the same. He saw the pain and stress in my eyes and he hugs me tighter.

"I just want the best for our boys."

"I know. I do too." His comforting words somehow eased the stress I was feeling. "Besides, Honey seems to be doing well, together with our grandson. I'm sure Jimin will understand why we did what we did to him."