5

Making Plans
••• HONEY •••

''They must be having the time of their lives, no phone call or update- must be really living the high life.'' Sam commented, moving in to sit opposite from me in my brightly lit office.

Emily and Jackson were on their honeymoon and we only knew they were alive from the Instagram and twitter posts of sunshine, beaches, and coconuts. We, on the other hand, were about to start our next meeting for our list of clients- one of whom wants a baby shower planned and executed in the next 5 weeks.

It's going to be a tough month.

''Let them have fun, planning a wedding can be stressful.'' I say with a smile, arranging my already busy diary.

''Planning a wedding? Come on Hun- we literally did everything'' she says, placing her face in the palm of her hands and looking at me deeply, while I chose to not look at her directly.

''Why are you looking at me like that?'' I ask, knowing full well where this conversation was going.

''How have you been since...you know?'' she asks.

''I would rather forget about it.'' I sigh out, logging into my computer.

I noticed an awkward silence and looked up at Sam, to see her judgmental expression with a brow raised and arms crossed.

''What?'' I ask.

''Honey Young, you can't be serious!" she replies shocked.

''Not now Sam...''

''Then when? You can't seriously be thinking to keep this secret any longer.''

I sighed out in frustration, leaning back into my chair.

''Do we really have to do this right now?'' I say, looking at her annoyed.

''Then when do you suggest we do this? Honey, you saw him at the wedding- he has seen JP you can't use the excuse of him never meeting or knowing him-''

''He doesn't know him- it was a minute exchange, doesn't mean he will be an A plus father.''

''That's not for you to decide Honey, he has the right to know...''

Deep down I knew what she was saying.

Way deep down.

"Maybe. But not today... or any time soon." I tell her ending the conversation- or at least trying to.

"How about JP?" She fired back.

''What about him'' I say while I continued to reply to emails on my computer pretending that this wasn't an important conversation.

"He has the right to know who his father is..."

"Sam. I get that you're trying to help, but I've got this. I'm swamped, and I can't deal with this whole situation right now." I reply sternly.

"You do know this won't go away right?"

I sighed before answering. "I know..."

Sam sighed, pulling out her work diary.

"Sometimes I wonder what you would do without me." She commented, clicking her pen and getting ready to make notes.

"I'd have less ear ache." I muttered as we began our meeting.

"Har har, very funny."

A knock sounded at my office door as Mina, my office secretary, peeked in.

YOU ARE MY EVERYTHINGजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें