14

A Friend like V
•••HONEY•••

I sent the message before closing my phone, resting my head on the chair out of fatigue. The bbq had been fun and I had drank a little too much.

"Mummyyy!" I heard a tiny, yet powerful, voice say before my son jumped on me, causing me to giggle out of happiness.

"You are one heavyweight." I say ruffling his hair as he grinned at me, his eyes disappearing in his chubby cheeks.

"Mummy... Uwncle Javson said he has a big surprise fwor my biwrthday."

"Did he now..."

"When can we go see them so I can see my pwresents."

"Sweet P...we have a lot of time before your before- and I'm sure they will give it to you on the day. Don't try to trick them into giving it to you early, you sly fox!" I explain, tickling him causing for his giggles to echo through our home.

He leaned his head on my lap, and slowly began closing his eyes, as I massaged his scalp with my fingers eventually coaxing him to sleep.

•••Flashback•••

"If you ever need anything, let us know." Jimin mother, says softly rubbing my shoulders.

"Thank you. I know this is a big secret to keep. But you know how hard he has worked to get here. I...we can't be the reason he loses everything he has worked so hard for." I beg her.

"Maybe. But I honestly don't think he needs to choose dear. It's your choice, one day, I hope you can give him his choice too." She asks with a sad smile.

The guilt ate at me as they left for their short visit. I rubbed my big belly, calming myself with my unborn child.

Was this the right choice?

•••

I picked up my baby in my arms, carrying him to his astronaut themed room, tucking him tightly to sleep before planting a soft kiss on his forehead.

He was just like his father when he was asleep.

Matter of fact, he was the same awake too.

Was I never going to tell Jimin about his son?

Did it make me a bad person?

How many times have I asked myself that question?

I looked back at my little angel before turning off the lights and shutting the door, wishing very much that things could be different.

••••

"I need 500 white roses and fast." I commanded as I tapped at my computer screen.

"I've tried all our contacts-"

"Try harder. What about friends of friends! Those roses are the main point of her theme." I explain to my team.

We were having a nightmare of planning this high profile wedding that was in just under 2 weeks.

"I'll get on it."