Chapter 49- What Secrets Hold

Nightmare swallowed hard.

Nightmare still held onto his weak beloved.  "You..." Nightmare's eyes widen. He gripped onto her.

"Me what?" She said turning her head around. "Is there a problem?" Everyone was still looking at her.

"Who the fuck are you!" Shouted Comet, a little irritated. The girl rolled her eyes clearly annoyed. Jupiter continued to hug her brother.

"It's the lady...the scary lady." Phoenix looked down at her a little confused. Chrome faded away slowly. Reappearing behind Jupiter.

"You remember me?" Jupiter jumped and back away to her sisters. Chrome just laughed lightly, then again faded away. Jupiter tightly gripped onto the waist of Comet. "She's yours?" Chrome appeared once more behind Nightmare.

Nightmare shivered as she leaned closer to him. He stood still. "Get away from me!" Screamed Nightmare turning around only to find Chrome gone again.

"Why are you being so brash? We finally see each other again and this is the welcome you give me?" She had started to reappear again, near Jason this time. "I mean what else did I expect right? I kinda hurt your brother a bit." Jason just stared at her. She squatted down and looked over to Dream. 

"D-Don't let her near him!" Quickly Nightmare placed Y/N down and teleported near his brother. Go back to her. With that said Jason quickly jumped his way over there. 

"I haven't seen your brother in ages! At least let me say 'hi'!" said the girl pouting. The girl crossed her arms and groaned. "First you replace me, then you don't even let me talk to your brother?! What next, you're going to try to kill me? I'm a little disappointed." Said the girl turning around having her back turned. 

She had appeared right after Nightclaw had disappeared, she was the one charging his body. But that wouldn't mean she'll have the capability to fully control him unless...holy shit. Nightmare then realized. Her soul isn't only strong, but she also has a spirit. Having those two in a body, in a Nightcrawler's body, don't mix. At least for Nightmare. The body becomes the host for the parasite to live in. That's how he had become aware, that's how everything had started. 

She wants something, but what?

Chrome had looked back at him expecting a response. Nightmare stood silent. Not knowing how to react. Chrome was growing inpatient. She wanted him to say something to her, about her. She wanted his attention, she knew clearly that he didn't want anything to do with her, she was just wanting a soul to latch onto. "Nightmare!" she faded away and reappeared near him. "I missed you." 

Nightmare shivered. "I didn't." Chrome frowned

"You're killing the conversation." she stated. Nightmare looked at her with a hostile glare. "Sheesh fine. I guess I'll have to bring up a new topic." She faded away and reappeared near the throne. "I'm not very good at this kind of stuff." She said as she knelt down and touched the ground. The arena glowed a mist color of S/T/C. It became so bright no one was able to see, but when the light dimmed.

The place did not seem familiar to anyone besides Nightmare and Dream.

It was home.

Except it was all red, dark, unpleasant. Chrome turned her back to the individuals that seemed clueless. "You remember this day!" She smiled sweetly. "It's the day I was no longer able to feel anything." She looked at the other individuals. "You can all see the Nightmare I experienced." She turned back and faced him. "This'll get you talking."

She faded away.

Nightmare stiffened. The invasion.

Nightmare hugged Dream as a loud cry was heard from the village, it had started.