Chapter 56- Training

Nightmare was standing in an isolated room. The room was a big clear room. The walls were a light gray, with a black concrete floor. The door was a big gray double door. Nightmare waited patiently. It's around 4:00. They should be here by now.

"Sorry I'm late." His thoughts were pushes aside. Midnight had entered the room. "Coach wanted to talk with me." Nightmare waved his hand softly.

"Don't worry about it." Midnight looked around. "Where's Comet." Midnight shrugged.

"Maybe stayed at Track practice?" Midnight closed the door behind her. She seat both her bags and bat down. She took her jacket off and placed it on the floor too. "Do you think we can start while we wait."

"No." Nightmare took a seat on the wall. "I don't want you to go up ahead and then might have to repeat myself." Midnight shrugged.

"Guess so." Midnight started to walk towards him. It was quiet for a moment.

"Where's Dusk?

Midnight placed her hands in her pockets. "I let him off early. He seemed to be in a rush." Nightmare nodded. He's not finished yet.

"That's fine I presume." Nightmare kissed his teeth together. "Sit here." He said patting in front of him. Midnight walked over tugging at some bandages on her hands. 

When she stood in front of him, she took a seat. "Did you decide to start al-" 

She stopped speaking. She shivered lightly, goosebumps aligning her skin. Nightmare gazed at her, his eyes ripping through her emotion. She gave a fearful look, her eyes widen, she pushed herself back. Nightmare harden his gazed. "Your fear is a weakness you can't overcome.

"What are you do-"

"Your fear is growing stronger." his voice becoming stern. Every second leaning in as she backed up. "Stop letting those emotions get to you!" He scolded, before releasing her from his trance. "Now we have a place to start." Midnight gasped for air.

"What did you do!" Nightmare sat lazily back down.

"I didn't do anything. It's what you did to yourself." Midnight gave a confused look. 

Midnight sheltered herself with her arm. "What." Midnight stayed a few feet away from her father. "Why'd you do that."

"We needed a place to start." he stated calmly. He stood up as Midnight gazed up at him. "Besides your sister is here." The doors boomed open. A small lime green figure came into view. Behind her a dog. Leo was a Rottweiler. As soon as his face has no longer in view, he transform back into his regular form. Comet looked at them.

"Hello. Did you guys st-" She stopped speaking. Receiving the same treatment from Nightmare. Leo felt this and slowly stood firm. Though his expression was a little bit frightened. Comet held her arm. Responding slightly different from her sister. She was trying to resist the feeling. Only to be cornered. Nightmare snapped her out of the trance. She gasped for air, as if she was suffocating. "What the fuck was that!" She said pissed.

Midnight looked back. "He did that to me too." 

Comet gave a confused expression. "Is this what we're here for. For you to scare us?"

Nightmare shook his head. "I didn't scare you. You scared yourselves." He started to approach the middle of the room. His daughters following. "You two go over there." he pointed to the side of the room. The both walked over to the wall. He looked over to Leo. Leo noticed this and approached. He looked at the girls. "Magic. One of the many things you need to survive in this world." He took out his soul. The black apple glistening and shining. "Your soul is the very culmination of your being." He looked over to Leo. "But others, have a very unique way of getting magic." He pointed at Leo. He motioned over to Leo, attack. Leo growled lightly before  charging over to him. As he ran two triangular tattoos glowed blue on his forearms, he hugged his arms as two knives were brought out. Nightmare backed up as Leo slashed the knives back and forth. Nightmare made a final leap back before dusting himself off. Leo stood his stance glaring over at Nightmare.